Free Consultation: (918) 587-7377Tap to Call This Lawyer
Tracy Tiernan

Tracy Tiernan

Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation and Criminal Defense All In One Place
  • Criminal Law, Divorce, DUI & DWI ...
  • Oklahoma
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Get a seasoned Trial Attorney to represent you in your time of need. I have been representing Oklahomans for more than 30 years who have been arrested for misdemeanor and serious felony Criminal charges or hurt in Car Wrecks, Semi Trucking Collisions or Workers' Compensation (or on the job) Injuries.

Practice Areas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    DUI & DWI
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Juvenile Law
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Workers' Compensation
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
10th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
University of Tulsa College of Law
J.D. (1990)
University of Tulsa College of Law Logo
Southern Methodist University
B.A. (1987) | Political Science
Southern Methodist University Logo
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
123 Questions Answered
Q. Is the statue for interrupting a 911 call beyond a reasonable doubt to be found guilty or other form?
A: Before a defendant can be sentenced to any period of incarceration, pursuant to a criminal statute or ordinance, each and every element of that crime must be proved to a trier of fact (meaning a judge or jury) by the standard “beyond a reasonable doubt.” This concept involving how strong or persuasive the evidence must be before someone can be convicted after a trial is called the “burden of proof.” In the United States a criminal defendant is NOT required to prove their innocence. The burden of proof falls squarely on the shoulders of the prosecution (the city prosecutor, the assistant district attorney, the the Assistant United States Attorney). So the answer to your question is, yes, they must prove beyond a reasonable doubt each and every element of the crime of “Interference with an Emergency Telephone Call” before the defendant could be found guilty and considerations of punishment entertained.
Q. Is this 1 charge or 2 charges? Count 1:21 O.S. 1123(B)-SEXUAL BATTERY.
A: It’s a single charge that carries up to 10 years in prison.
Q. What does a Motion for a discovery and brief in support mean?
A: A motion for “discovery” is often filed when one party, usually the defense attorney, but it can also be the government’s attorney, files a motion, asking for additional evidence that they believe might be in existence but has not been turned over to them yet. A “brief in support” of such a motion is simply persuasive argument made by the attorney filing the motion explaining why they believe they are entitled to it. Such a motion often consists of caselaw (previously decided cases), backing up their request. Once such a motion is filed the person filing it will seek an “Order Setting Hearing” date from the Judge where they can come to court and conduct a hearing on the issue. Of course, if the requested evidence is turned over to the party filing a motion, there would be no need for such a hearing.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
320 S Boston Ave #1130
Tulsa, OK 74103
Telephone: (918) 587-7377