Free Consultation: (845) 533-2511Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Toshinori Isoai

Toshinori Isoai, Esq.
  • DUI & DWI, Traffic Tickets, Criminal Law ...
  • New Jersey, New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
    DUI & DWI
    Traffic Tickets
    Suspended License
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Landlord Tenant
    Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
Additional Practice Area
  • Commercial/civil litigation
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
New Jersey Courts
ID Number: 268862018
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New York
New York State Office of Court Administration
ID Number: 4540704
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Japanese: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Attorney At Law
Toshinori Isoai, Esq.
- Current
Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
J.D. | Law
Western Michigan University Cooley Law School Logo
University of Illinois - Springfield
B.A. | Legal Studies
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
New York State Bar  # 4540704
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
47 Questions Answered
Q. Can you drive in New Jersey with a New York junior license?
A: You can, but you need to comply with the NJ law that applies to the similar license recognized in NJ. In NJ, the kind of your license is often referred to as "probationary license" (aka provisional license). As long as you drive in NJ, you should keep in mind the restrictions that apply in NJ (which apply to you), which include: -- Display a reflectorized decal on each license plate (front/back); -- No driving after 11:01 p.m. and before 5:00 a.m. (NY is 9PM-5AM) -- Only one additional passenger is allowed unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. -- You can't use cell phones, hand held video games or any other hands-free interactive, wireless communication device. -- Seat belts must be worn at all times. Stay safe, and slow down.
Q. My bf was pulled over when he passed a double yellow line but he passed it because someone was double parked
A: Your attorney will need to know what kind of ticket he actualy received. In NJ, moving violations are traffic infractions (even reckless driving), and Newark Municipal Court is a citizen friendly court. Your prosecutor is likely to reduce the charge to a lesser one, depending on the curcumstances. Fighting vs. negotiating a pela will depend on your poriority in your current life situation.
Q. I have a conditional discharge in NY recently received reckless driving in NC Will this violate my conditional discharge
A: It's recommended that you retain a local "NC" attorney. Upon information and belief, reckless driving is classified in NC as a misdemeanor just like NY. If you get convicted of the charge, that means you have a criminal record, which possibly affects your conditional discharge. You may want to retain a local counsel in NC and either fight the charge all the way or reduce it to a traffic infraction or something minor.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
The Isoai Law Firm
3 East Evergreen Rd, Suite 330
New City, NY 10956
Cell: (845) 533-2511
Monday: 9 AM - 6 PM (Today)
Tuesday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: 9 AM - 2 PM
Sunday: Closed
Notice: 24/7 Free Consulting Available (App only).