Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Timothy Walton has more than eighteen years experience in litigation with senders of unsolicited commercial email.
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Communications & Internet Law
- Internet Law, Media & Advertising, Telecommunications Law
- Intellectual Property
Additional Practice Area
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- Pomona Coll
- Undergraduate Degree
- UC Davis School of Law King Hall
- Law Degree
- California State Bar  # 184292
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
- Walton Twu LLP
21 Questions Answered
- Q. Is there an age limit to posting videos online?Is it okay for minors under 18 to post educational videos online?
- A: There are some exceptions, but in general, minors are allowed to post videos online. Exceptions include: posting a video of a sexual nature or of activity that would be unlawful for a minor to engage in, children under the age of 13 posting to a site that has a COPPA restriction, and, of course, no one should be posting videos where they do not have full copyright protection and all rights associated with copyright.
- Q. Does a wife have the right to hack into her husband's computer email account...
- A: While your situation may depend on the circumstances that you call "hacking", in general, computer intrusion is not lawful. However, if you leave your password on a post-it note on the monitor, then that is not hacking...
- Q. How do i find out the owner of a private registered website
- A: While I doubt that you are correct that someone who has gone to the effort of successfully hiding will appreciate your finding them and respond to your sob story, it is a fact that you can sometimes find the true operator of a privately registered web site by sending the appropriate letter to the registrar, or by filing a lawsuit and sending a subpoena. If you are sure you know who made the post, you might be able to sue that person for a public retraction.
Contact & Map