Mr. Williams is the founder of The Williams Firm and has over 21 years of extensive experience in the areas of real estate, construction, business and corporate law. Mr. Williams' practice areas include all aspects of civil litigation and dispute resolution in all courts, government hearings, arbitrations and mediations in the areas of real estate, construction and business law. Mr. Williams also represents and advises clients in business transactions, corporate law, real property transactions, and trademark law.
In real estate matters he has represented owners and developers of residential and commercial properties, including multi-million dollar properties, negotiated sales of property and loan transactions, recovered title and damages in disputes regarding title and ownership, prosecuted foreclosures, and resolved landlord and tenant disputes. In real estate, loan transactions and banking matters, Mr. Williams has represented the FDIC, the FSLIC, the RTC, title companies, lenders and borrowers.
In the area of construction law, he has represented developers, contractors, engineers, architects, suppliers, and owners in construction contract disputes and defect cases, handled hundreds of mechanic's lien, stop notice, payment and performance bond, and Miller Act cases, advised clients regarding contractors' licensure issues and negotiated all types of construction contracts.
In business matters, Mr. Williams has formed and maintained corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, represented clients in the purchase and sale of businesses, represented businesses in the formation, financing, acquisition and dissolution of companies, successfully represented parties in scores of disputes and lawsuits regarding numerous types of business contracts, effectively represented business entities and their owners in disputes regarding the withdrawal or expulsion of other owners to avoid litigation, handled disputes regarding the sale of businesses, and filed and obtained trademarks from State, Federal and foreign jurisdictions.
Prior to founding The Williams Firm in 1995, Mr. Williams was a partner in the San Diego firm of Turner & Williams and an associate with Schall, Bourdreau & Gore in San Diego and Morgan, Lewis & Bockius in Los Angeles. Mr. Williams received his Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from Pepperdine University School of Law in May 1986 where he was a law review editor, and his undergraduate degree in Political Science, suma cum laude, from Pittsburg State University in May 1983.
- Business Law
- Construction Law
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate Law
- Free Consultation
If the client's matter is within the Firm's areas of expertise, the Firm will provide a free initial consultation for the first one-half hour of a meeting with one of the Firm's attorneys. Thereafter, the prospective client will be charged the Firm's current hourly billing rates.
- Credit Cards Accepted
Discover, Mastercard, Visa
- The Williams Firm
- - Current
- Turner & Williams
- Schall, Boudreau, & Gore
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Pepperdine University School of Law
- Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude (1986) | California Survey Editor and Member of Pepperdine Law Review, Third Place Team, F. Lee Bailey Moot Court Competition, 1985, National Moot Court Team, 1985, Teaching Assistant, Legal Research and Writing Program, 1985-1986.
- Honors: Sorenson Writing Award, Corpus Juris Secundum Award, Dean's Scholarship, and Dean's Honor List.
- Pittsburg State University
- B.A. in Political Science, Summa Cum Laude (1983) | I was first in my graduating class with a 4.0 overall grade point average. I was a member of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity, and also spent a semester abroad at Trent Polytechnic in Nottingham, England.
- Honors: Dean's Honor List every semester from 1979-1983. Member of Omicron Delta Kappa, Lambda Sigma, Phi Kappa Phi, and Phi Alpha Theta.
- Bar of the United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- Bar of the United States District Court for the Central District of California
- Bar of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- Contra Costa County Bar Association, Corporate Counsel and Business Attorneys Section
- California State Bar # 128520
- - Current
- California Supreme Court Survey
- Pepperdine Law Review
- The Right Of Publicity: You Can't Take It With You
- Pepperdine Law Review