Free Consultation: (831) 624-5000Tap to Call This Lawyer
Thomas Vinson Nash

Thomas Vinson Nash

The DUI Guy
  • DUI & DWI, Criminal Law, Domestic Violence
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Tom Nash, widely known as "The DUI Guy" has been trying and winning DUI cases for over 35 years in Monterey County. Past President of the Monterey County Trial Lawyers Association, featured as a contributor to the authoritative California Book, "California Drunk Driving Law" and a long time member of California DUI Lawyers Association, as well as the National College of Drunk Driving Defense, NACDL, CACJ, and other California and National criminal defense organizations, Tom is the lawyer other lawyers turn to for advice on the defense of Driving Under the Influence charges in Monterey County.

Practice Areas
    DUI & DWI
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
The Law Offices of Thomas Vinson Nash
Distinguished Service
Sixth District Appellate Program
Recognition for more than 10 years as board representative from Monterey County Bar Association
Professional Associations
National College of Drunk Driving Defense
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Monterey County Trial Lawyers Association
Past President
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of California  # 112734
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Administration of Standardized Field Sobriety Tests
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Websites & Blogs
Attorney Tom Nash
Legal Answers
9 Questions Answered
Q. I am applying for teacher credential and my.dui paperwork shows pled nolo contendere and got probation misd DUI.. put?
A: A nolo or no contest plea is the same as a guilty plea for purposes of a criminal court. So you must divulge it. Depending on what County you were convicted in, you would be on either a three year or a five year probation. Most probably you were convicted of either 23152 (a) or 23152 (b), not both. Most counties have a computer portal where you could find that information or, if you were represented by counsel, contact them.
Q. How can a person sue the dmv? (Asking for a friend) Pulled over on suspected dui Breath scored .039 & .037 Blood .02.
A: Your friend can go to the California state court and have a lawyer apply for a writ of mandamus, overturning the DMV's decision. However I suspect that the DMV's decision was based on your friends refusal to take a test of her/his breath or blood. If your friend was properly admonished by the officer of the arresting agency, then their failure to submit to a test of their breath or blood could be held against them when no urine test was deemed available or sufficient. Generally, these days, urine tests are reserved for tests as an alternative to blood tests, when drugs are suspected, rather than alcohol.
Q. What is Max prison time if convicted of a drunk driving w/ great bodily harm charge?
A: Two three or four years in prison for DUI with injury and an additional three to six years in prison for great bodily injury. Also fines and license suspension issues.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Officesof Thomas V Nash
PO Box R-1
Heather Glen Ct., #4, NW Mission & 8th Ave.
Carmel by the Sea, CA 93921
Telephone: (831) 624-5000
Fax: (831) 624-9102
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Available for appointments after hours and weekends. Please call.
Telephone: (831) 424-9900