Free Consultation: (251) 479-0619Tap to Call This Lawyer
Theodore L. Hall

Theodore L. Hall

  • Bankruptcy
  • Alabama
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I have been practicing law in Mobile since 1973 and have limited my practice to bankruptcy only for the past 20 years. I also served as a Chapter 7 Trustee for approximately 20 years; and this experience has been a valuable tool in representing debtors in Chapter 7 cases.

Practice Area
  • Bankruptcy
  • Free Consultation
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Fees are quoted on a case-by-case basis. Chapter 7 attorney fees must be paid in full before the petition is filed. Chapter 13 attorney fees are paid as a part of the plan payments.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
11th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
University of Michigan Law School
University of Michigan Law School Logo
University of South Alabama
University of South Alabama Logo
Websites & Blogs
Theodore L. Hall, Bankruptcy Lawyer
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered

Q. how can I find out when I filed bankruptcy?
A: Ask the attorney who represented you. Or contact the Clerk of the Bankruptcy Court where you filed. Or check the Notice of Bankruptcy or Order of Discharge that was entered in your case.
Q. My exwife was a cosigner on our home & i have already gone thru chapter 7 now she is threatening to sue me.
A: It sounds as if you received a chapter 7 discharge, you did not reaffirm the debt on the home, and the judgment of divorce obligates you to be responsible for the home mortgage. And it also sounds as if she is going to sue you in Domestic Relations Court, to hold you in contempt for not paying the mortgage because the mortgage company is now taking action against her. If this is the case, you should speak to a domestic relations lawyer about your exposure under the divorce decree. And you should also contact your bankruptcy attorney to get a clear understanding of what effect the chapter 7 case has with regard to the home mortgage.
Q. Do I include past deficiency balances (which are included on my credit report) of a repossessed car on the Schedule D?
A: Assuming the car was the only collateral for the loan (which is typically the case), you would list it on Schedule E/F.
Q. When you get your chp.7 bankruptcy discharge order does that end the automatic stay?
A: Yes, the automatic stay ends with the issuance of a discharge order. The discharge order enjoins creditors from trying to collect on dischargeable debts, so the protection is, for all practical purposes, seamless. HOWEVER, once the automatic stay ends, creditors with nondischargeable debts (such as most recent taxes, child support, most student loan debt) can then seek collection.
Q. Can you file chapter 7 on a miscellaneous circuit civil case involving automobile accident in Alabama
A: Yes, unless the claim against you includes damages for death or personal injury caused by your operation of the automobile while intoxicated. If your driver's license or car tag was pulled because you didn't have liability insurance, you can get the license or tag back, once you file bankruptcy, PROVIDED you obtain liability insurance going forward.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
2602 Dauphin St.
Mobile, AL 36606
Telephone: (251) 479-0619