My practice is limited primarily to two areas, driver's license reinstatement and DUI. My background affords you a unique perspective.
For all of your professional needs, call Ted at 217-525-0520.
For 15 years, I heard driver's license cases as a contractual hearing officer for the Secretary of State (DMV). This experiences has provided me with the opportunity to understand how the opposing side thinks and operates.
- DUI & DWI
- Traffic Tickets
- Social Security Disability
- Driver's License Reinstatement
- Free Consultation
Initial telephone consultation with experienced and knowledgeable staff. I will follow up.
- Credit Cards Accepted
VISA, Master Card, American Express, Discover and Electronic Checks.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
For driver's license hearings, partial payment with balance not due until day of hearing, affording you the opportunity to budget your fees.
- Harvatin Law Offices PC
- - Current
- I began practicing law in Springfield Illinois in 1981. In 2000, my partner became a judge, and I have been solo since that time. I formerly took on virtually any case. But the law has now grown too complicated for me to be "all things to all people". As a result, I limit my practice to a few areas, and I know the law in those areas quite well.
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- J.D. | Law
- Knox College
- B.A. | Ecnomics and Business
- Honors: Honors: Cum Laude Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Mensa Society
- Membership in Mensa is open to persons who have attained a score within the upper two percent of the general population on an approved intelligence test that has been properly administered and supervised. There is no other qualification or disqualification for membership eligibility.
- Illinois Trial Lawyer's Association
- - Current
- Activities: Statewide organization whose members, through the courts, public opinion and the elective process, advance the interests of injury victims.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- - Current
- Activities: Association of Illinois lawyers who work to improve the legal process.
- Sangamon County Bar Association
- - Current
- Activities: Springfield is the seat of government for Sangamon County. Abraham Lincoln practiced law here. The Association strives to carry on the traditions of Lincoln to improve the delivery of legal services to our community.
- Theodore J. Harvatin's Website Profile
- Harvatin Law Offices PC Website
- Illinois DUI Lawyer Blawg
- Illinois Supreme Court to Decide the Issue of Whether the Smell of Marijuana is Sufficient Cause to Conduct a Warrantless Search
11 February 2020
- Michigan Probe into Contractor That Calibrates Breathalyzer Machines Called Into Question
11 February 2020
- Recent Study Discusses DUI Rates Throughout the Country
27 January 2020
- Proposed Law Seeks to Make Ignition Interlock Devices Mandatory in New Vehicles in Illinois and Elsewhere
14 January 2020
- State Legislature Contemplates Modifying DUI Laws to Make it Legal to Sleep in Vehicles While Intoxicated
26 December 2019
- Recent Study Shows Legalization of Marijuana Reduces Alcohol-Related Crashes in Neighboring States
16 December 2019
- States Assessing the Impact of Legalization of Marijuana on DUIs and Other Crimes
25 November 2019
- North Carolina Brings Attention to Auto Brewery Syndrome as a Defense in DUI Cases
11 November 2019
- DUI Case Highlights Importance of Impartial Jurors
30 October 2019
- Q. Hello, under what circumstances is traffic school required for a speeding ticket with court supervision?
- A: It depends upon the county. Where I practice the most they never require it. In other places, they always do. I am not sure about Rock Island County.
- Q. How to read type 55 court supervision end date from my driving abstract.
- A: You can’t get that information from the record you are referring to (called a driving abstract). You would have to check the court records on file with the circuit clerk of cook county.
- Q. Can I get out of paying traffic ticket if judge forgot to have me sign the court order?
- A: Even if that worked, the best you would get out of it is a do-over. And most likely with an irate judge and prosecutor.
- Q. I had a dui 19 years ago in illinois .I did all my things i needed to do exept see a hearing officer.what to do now 2 gb
- A: Some of the paperwork can be created or another agency can do it instead. You will need to have an administrative hearing with the secretary of state. I recommend that you contact Attorney Larry Davis for drivers license reinstatement in your geographic area
- Q. In Illinois, how many days from the date of occurrence,does an officer have to issue a ticket?
- A: There is no statute of limitations for ordinary traffic tickets.
- Q. 2 infractions for same thing possible?
- A: There is a 12-month look back. Did you have a prior ticket in a 12 month period?
- Q. I received a ticket in Missouri for not wearing a seat belt a non moving violation. Will it get sent back to illinois.
- A: There are no points assigned in Illinois for seat belt tickets. It is not a moving violation. I doubt MO reports it.
- Q. Ticket says no court appearance required but online it says I have a court date, do I have to go, I’m 17
- A: No you don't have to go but if you do not you will have a conviction, meaning that for the next two years, you cannot be convicted again or your license will be suspended.
- Q. I am 17 got a speeding ticket for doing 19 over on my ticket it says that no court appearance is required, do I still go
- A: Yes, in order to request supervision. Bring a parent with you. And you will have to take a safe driving course.