A former Texas State Senator, State Representative and police officer, Ted is a distinguished trial lawyer with a lifetime commitment to serving people. He has broken nationwide verdict records and received verdicts ranked in the Top 10 on three different occasions.
Ted has been featured in local and national media coverage including “Good Morning America,” “60 Minutes,” “NBC Dateline,” Texas Lawyer, The National Law Journal, Dallas Observer and D Magazine.
He specializes in complex litigation involving personal injury, wrongful death, and products liability. Over the past 30 years he has represented clients in more than 150 jury trials as well as in settlements and arbitrations. He is married to Donna and the father of two sons who are businessmen in the Dallas area. Ted is also an avid outdoorsman, having been on three African safaris as well as several trips to Canada and Alaska.
- Personal Injury
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- State Bar of Texas
- ID Number: 12741500
- English: Spoken, Written
- Ted B. Lyon & Associates
- SMU Dedman School of Law
- East Texas Baptist University
- B.S. | Political Science
- Super Lawyer
- Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyers: 2003 - 2018 Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Mesquite, TX
- Texas State Bar
- Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer | Fort Worth Accident Attorney
- Which Age Group Has the Most Fatal Auto Accidents?
9 September 2019
- Recent Refinery Explosion Injures 37; Latest in a Series of Petrochemical Accidents This Year
1 September 2019
- Why Stopping Distance Plays a Big Role in Big Rig Rear-End Collisions
25 August 2019
- I Just Found Out My Employer Is a Workers’ Comp Non-Subscriber. What Does that Mean?
17 August 2019
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Understanding Your Rights After an Accident
9 August 2019
- Where Do Car Accidents Happen the Most?
1 August 2019
- States File a Lawsuit Over Asbestos Regulations Against the EPA
24 July 2019
- Truck Accident: Will My Case Go to Trial?
16 July 2019
- Can Trucking Companies Be Held Liable in Personal Injury Lawsuits?
5 July 2019