Free Consultation: (210) 474-6221Tap to Call This Lawyer
Tammy Lyn Wincott

Tammy Lyn Wincott

Compassionate Estate & Probate Legal Assistance Wincott Law Firm PC
  • Probate, Estate Planning, Elder Law...
  • Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Wilson Counties, Immigration, Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Originally from the Thousand Islands region of New York. I relocated to Texas via the U.S. Air Force in 1988. I spent the first 15 years in Austin, prior to attending law school at St. Mary's school of law. Once licensed, I relocated to San Antonio.

Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Estate Planning
  • Elder Law
  • Real Estate Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Insurance Claims
  • Bankruptcy
  • Free Consultation
    Free 30 minute consultation. Telephone consultation may be available.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Only in Personal Injury cases.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Payment Plans may be available.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Wilson Counties
Bankruptcy Court Texas Western District
Federal Circuit
Texas Probate Courts
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Owner & Prinicpal Attorney
Wincott Law Firm, P.C.
- Current
Owner & Principal Attorney for the WIncott Law Firm, P.C. Practice areas include immigration and probate with extensive experience in familial issues.
Solo Practitioner
Law Office of Tammy L. Wincott
Solo Attorney law practice assisting in areas such as immigration, wills & estates, bankruptcy, family, animal law, personal injury and other civil.
St. Mary's University
Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
Park University
B.S. (2002) | Business Management
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Resolution Honoring Tammy L. Wincott
State Bar of Texas
A resolution honoring Attorney Tammy L. WIncott for her community service and in particular her support of veterans. Honored as an inspiration to others.
Recognized as single attorney dedicated to the most cases associated with the program.
San Antonio Bar Association--Community Justice Program
Recognition for Summa Cum Laude Undergraduate Achievement
Park University
Professional Associations
San Antonio Bar Association Community Justice Program
- Current
Activities: Volunteer Attorney providing pro bono services in an effort to allow all those deserving access to the legal justice system.
Texas State Bar # 24056545
- Current
American Bar Association
- Current
Activities: member in American Bar Association
Articles & Publications
Immigration: A Realistic Look
Elite Attorney SA
The More Things Change - The More They Stay the Same
Elite Attorney SA
Speaking Engagements
Panel Member: Family Law & Bankruptcy, Texas Bar Advanced Bankruptcy CLE, Houston, Texas
State Bar of Texas
Attorney Ad Litem Procedures, Delinquent Ad Valorem Taxes, Bexar County Courthouse, San Antonio, Texas
Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson LLP
Approved Guardianship Attorney
State Bar of Texas
Websites & Blogs
Wincott Law Firm PC
Legal Answers
518 Questions Answered

Q. My stepmom sold my dadproperty with out me knowing she only listed her kids and not me on court documents what can I do
A: I agree with Ms. Garrett; you need to take all paperwork to a local probate attorney.
Q. Real Property or Manufactured Home
A: Have you listed your home as "Homestead", real property, with the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs? (you will have to copy and paste). Many times the deed records and/or county tax appraisal has it listed as real property; however, the department does not. I suggest checking into this first.
Q. Can a will in texas sate everything goes to a person or does it have to be listed out what goes to a person.
A: You may simply state you want all personal and real property or property of whatsoever nature to go to one person. You don't need to itemize it; usually, people no longer own the things they did before or already gave them away.
Q. What is the law on prison break in alabama?
A: Please remove the question from probate.
Q. I was live-in, sleep with (no sex), caretaker of man, 87 for 14 mo's. He died 7/2019 with All legal docs complete.
A: His will needs to be filed in a court in order to be valid. Depending on the paper statement the executor (not officially an executor until they go to court) may need to sign the auto over. If you weren't family in anyway, you're rights are limited; however, you may have a right to claim fees/expenses depending on type of care, etc.
Q. Is there any recourse for falsifying probate records claiming a person died in a different state?
A: In all probate cases I've been involved with, a death certificate must be presented to the court as well as the statement saying where person died, etc. If you believe the person falsified the death certificate as well it might mean higher charges. You should follow the advice of the other attorney.
Q. I have a lien on a house in Dallas tx. The homeowner did a warranty deed to construction company. Do they pay my lien?
A: Did the homeowner sell the property to the construction company? In order to be valid your lien must be properly recorded.
Q. My mom n laws husband passed away, he did not leave a will, his son is saying he wants his half of property when she die
A: In Texas when a spouse owning community real property passes away and there are children involved from another marriage/prior relationship, etc. the deceased person's share goes to their children; however, the living spouse has a life estate interest. In other words, even though the other spouse's child/children may own the 1/2 community property they cannot force the remaining spouse to sell it. There are also liabilities that come with the "ownership" and who has to pay them can vary depending on type of liability. I am not clear if the living spouse's children are also those of the deceased spouse or if any are minors.
Q. What rights do we have?
A: Your boyfriend may have established what's commonly referred to as a "tenant at will". The landlord/owner has to give 30 days notice to vacate. If a tenant refuses to vacate, the landlord/owner must then pursue an eviction proceeding through the courts. Contact a real estate attorney familiar with tenants at will and eviction in the appropriate area.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
900 NE Loop 410
Suite D-410
San Antonio, TX 78209
Telephone: (210) 474-6221