Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
- Family Law
- Domestic Violence
- Employment Law
- White Collar Crime
- Business Law
- Criminal Law
First Half Hour of your Family Law Intake Interview is Free.
Credit Cards Accepted
VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover card.
In Discrimination and some other employment law matters. Review of severance package and termination agreements is usually either on an hourly or Flat Fee Basis, depending on the facts of your case. Susan Cohen also accepts wages and hours matters, including unpaid wages, denial of Rest Breaks and Lunchbreaks, unpaid overtime and required higher overtime hourly rates. Family Law Court Rules usually prohibit contingent fees in Family Law cases and Criminal Defense cases.
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Attorneys are generally not allowed to accept most Family Law cases on a contingent fee basis. But many employment discrimination and other employment cases can be accepted on a contingent fee basis.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- State Bar of California
- French: Spoken, Written
- Sacramento County Bar Association Member
- Admitted to U.S. Tax Court
- Admitted in U.S. District Court for Northern California
- Admitted in U.S. District Court for Eastern California
- University of California, Davis, School of Law
- J.D. (1984) | Law
- Stanford University
- M.A. (1970) | Renaissance and Reformation History, Early Modern European History.
- Honors: Honorary Woodrow Wilson Fellow, 1968' University Fellowships from Stanford, Aauw Fellowship
- Activities: Secretary, Graduate Students in History Association
- Brandeis University
- B.A. (1968) | History
- Honors: Cum Laude with Honors in History
- Activities: Student Newspaper -The Justice
- Honorary Woodrow Wilson Fellow
- Woodrow Wilson Foundation
- State Bar of California  # 114775
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
25 Questions Answered
- Q. Is my employer retaliating against me or doing anything else that is unlawful?
- A: You need to contact an Employment Discrimination Attorney who handles claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as soon as possible. You also need to be sure that you contact an attorney who handles Workers Compensation Claims for Assistance. There are provisions in both of these important areas of law that can protect your rights to employment, and help you in requiring your employer to consider and negotiate with you for an Accommodation for your Disability, so that you can continue to maintain your employment. I usually will bring cases like this to the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, which can assist you in processing a Federal Employment Discrimination Claim. Please retain an attorney at your earliest convenience who practices in the area of Employment Discrimination Law. In some cases, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing can be another agency that can help you. Especially in these hard times you should make every reasonable effort to preserve your employment. Susan G. Cohen, Esq. - Sacramento California Employment Law Attorney.
- Q. Does it mean she can travel to outside the country with my 12 years son without my permission?
- A: Since the existing court order does not contain restrictions as to where she can travel, she may be able to travel outside the country for less than a month. Contact an attorney in the county where the mother and child reside about seeking to file a Request to Modify Custody. You did not state whether this was a Divorce Action or a Paternity case. It could make a difference in what sort of help the court can give you. Susan G. Cohen, Esq. Sacramento.
- Q. I was attacked at work by a non employee in full view of employers .
- A: You should contact an Employment Law Attorney who represents employees as soon as possible. There are some very short statutes of limitation in Employment Law cases for Discrimination and also for Occupational Health and Safety Claims. When did this incident happen? Do you still work for the same employer? Do you know the name of the person that attacked you? Both the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing can help with discrimination claims. A violent assault may not be within the scope of Workers' Compensation Coverage, but the employer may have some responsibility for failing to have measures in place regarding assaults committed against employees. Call a Plaintiff's Employment Lawyer in the county or metropolitan area where you work as soon as possible.
Contact & Map