Free Consultation: (973) 567-0954Tap to Call This Lawyer
Stuart Nachbar

Stuart Nachbar

Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C.
  • Bankruptcy, Collections, Criminal Law
  • New Jersey, New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

For a free initial consultation on your Bankruptcy needs
Call Stuart today at (973) 567-0954

I have been representing clients of all types for the past 22 years. We specialize in assisting persons in financial hardship by filing for Bankruptcy in Chapter 7, 11 or 13. We even do loan modifications to help you save your home from Foreclosure. In addition, I have worked on behalf of my own son and numerous others who have a disability, to make sure that they get the proper education. I am ready to assist you, with my 22 years of legal/mediation and trial experience. Let the Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar help you.

Practice Areas
  • Bankruptcy
  • Collections
  • Criminal Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Special Needs Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
    For personal injury cases, I do handle contingent fees as well as collection work.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
New York
2nd Circuit
3rd Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
US Tax Court
  • English
Professional Experience
Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C.
- Current
Investigator and Committee Member
Office of Attorney Ethics Supreme Court of New Jersey - District V-B
Middlebrooks Shapiro & Nachbar, P.C.
Partner in a Bankruptcy law Firm specializing in Chapter 7, 13 and handling Chapter 11 work.
Senior Trial Counsel
Law Office of Sal Greenman
Senior Trial Attorney
Law Office of Chet Preston
Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
J.D. (1994)
State University of New York - Albany
B.S. | Political Science and History
Best Attorney-At-Law 2017
Superior Officers' Association
Outstanding Citizen
Superior Officers' Association
New Jersey Top Rated Lawyers of 2015
Legal Leaders
New Jersey's Top Rated Lawyers of 2014
Legal Leaders
Top Lawyers in New Jersey
The Legal Network
AV Preeminet
Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards
Top Lawyers in New Jersey
The Legal Network
Client Distinction Award
Martindale-Hubbell and
Recognized for Excellence, Quality of Service, Overall Value, Responsiveness and Communication Ability
Professional Associations
Morris Essex Small Firm Network
- Current
Federal Bar Association
- Current
Veteran's Chamber of Commerce-NJ
General Counsel
Bankruptcy Inns of Court
Articles & Publications
Bringing a Positive Mindset to Bankruptcy
Bloomberg Businessweek, Money Magazing and Fortune Magazine
Speaking Engagements
Advocating For Special Services and Education, Passe 2015 Vendor Fair
Adelphi University
Legal Answers
397 Questions Answered

Q. I filed bankruptcy in 2014 or 15 how can I get a copy of it my lawyer seems to have been suspended and does not answer
A: You can go online to and set up an account and find it that way or you can go to the Bankruptcy Court and make the request
Q. If I file chapter 7, will they make me sell my home and property?
A: This is a very broad question, and without sufficient details to give a precise answer. Such things one needs to know is in what jurisdiction are you filing? What is the Fair market value of the house vs the outstanding balance owed on same? Without answering or knowing those items, very difficult to answer.
Q. need an office consultation with a traffic ticket lawyers
A: I offer free consults no matter what if you want to call my office number located on my profile
Q. May I know how to sue someone who refused to pay back the money he borrowed from me please?
A: While Counsel who has previously answered is correct, you have posted this in Bankruptcy, so I presume that the person who owes you money has filed for bankruptcy. If they have you are prevented from filing a complaint in the State Court system. The only way is to file either a Motion to Vacate Stay so you can sue in State Court which will probably not be granted, or you can file an Adversary Complaint in the Bankruptcy Objecting to the Discharge, IF there are proper grounds. Seek Counsel's assistance if in Bankruptcy.
Q. Can we obtain low cost or free Lawyer services for Bankruptcy filing?
A: Call legal services of Suffolk county, or call the court and ask for the lawyers referral service
Q. After chapter 13 bankruptcy payments begin, can trustee take VA disability income away?
A: A drastic change in circumstances warrant advising the trustee. It would not be part of your Current Monthly Income Test as it would be exempt. Trustee should not be able to seize or demand those funds.
Q. In a chapter 7 before discharge after 341 meeting can I finance a care without asking the trustees
A: You should.always check with the trustee before doing that
Q. If a debt is included in chapter 13 bankruptcy, can it be sold to a collection agency
A: Yes it can, during the bankruptcy, but it is still subject to any and all treatment it is accorded in the bankruptcy
Q. Is there any action I can take over a discharged bankruptcy debt
A: Actually, there is. Contact your atty about reopening case, and filing a motion for violation of the anti discrimination clause of the bankruptcy code. You could possibly be awarded sanctions
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Attorney at law
354 Eisenhower Parkway
Plaza 1, Suite 2025
Livingston, NJ 07039
Telephone: (973) 567-0954
Fax: (973) 629-1294
Telephone: (973) 200-4888