Stuart David MeissnerMeissner Associates
- Arbitration & Mediation, Criminal Law, Securities Law ...
- New York
Attorney Stuart Meissner was born in 1962 in Brooklyn, New York. He earned his Bachelor’s and Juris Doctorate from Hofstra University. He went on to earn his masters of law degree from New York University Law School. He opened his own practice, Meissner Associates, twenty years ago in 2001 in Manhattan, New York. His practice focuses primarily on SEC whistleblower cases, investment disputes, securities violations, and FINRA arbitration.
After 9/11, Attorney Meissner volunteered at Ground Zero on “the pile” on the “bucket brigade” along with fire and police officers, sifting through debris trying to find survivors. He was later subsequently diagnosed with cancer relating to his efforts, which he has since overcome.
Mr. Meissner contributed to the drafting of the SEC Rules when it was first passed into law. His comments even appear in the footnotes of the actual SEC Rules. He was one of the first attorneys to file an SEC Whistleblower tip and represents whistleblowers reporting tips to the SEC.
Additionally, Attorney Meissner provides legal representation to investors who have been defrauded by their brokers and brokerage firms, and Wall Street employees who have been taken advantage of. He has a long track record of success against some of the country's largest financial institutions, including Citizens Securities, Morgan Stanley, Wells Fargo, and UBS.
Attorney Meissner may also be available to provide defense representation for criminal matters as well as regulatory representation, and conduct internal corporate investigations and supervisory reviews required by regulatory agencies.
His efforts have won his clients millions of dollars in awards and settlements. This includes the 2016 award of $22 million to his Monsanto whistleblower client. It remains one of the largest whistleblower awards to ever be awarded.
Previously, Attorney Meissen worked as a former state prosecutor and lawyer and independent candidate for the U.S. Senate.
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Securities Law
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Stockbroker & Investment Fraud
- SEC / CFTC Whistleblower Law
Free Phone Consultations.
Credit Cards Accepted
All Credit Cards accepted via Pay Pal with a service fee.
On all investor arbitrations accepted, and on select employment cases
- New York
- Managing Member - Private Practice
- Meissner Associates
- - Current
- Senior Associate
- Gusrae, Kaplan, Bruno
- Defended brokerage firms small and large in all arbitration and regulatory matters. FINRA, SEC, CFTC etc as well as customer arbitrations . Also defended various securities related clients in various criminal securities matters. Represented individual brokers with regard to assisting them in leaving firms to join a new brokerage firms and avoid restraining orders and similar issues.
- Assistant Attorney General - Investor Protection / Financial Crimes Units
- NY State Attorney General
- Investigated and prosecuted high profile securities and internet related matters in NY State in coordination with various State and Federal agencies. Numerous criminal, civil and Grand Jury investigations and prosecutions.
- Assistant District Attorney - Trial Division
- Manhattan District Attorney - New York County
- Prosecuted thousands of cases in New York County, presented hundreds of cases before New York County Grand Juries, litigated in excess of 30 trials on behalf of the State involving a variety of crimes within the Trial Division of the District Attorney's office.
- New York University School of Law
- LL.M. (1998) | Corporate - Securities Law Emphasis
- Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University
- J.D. (1988) | Law
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York State Bar  # 2244655
- - Current
Meissner Appearance on CNN about Securities RegulatorsKnightmare - Where are the Regulators CNBC
Meissner Appearance on CNBC on Knight Capital Impact on the MarketInvestment Attorney
http://www.smeissner.com/ Securities fraud attorney represents victim of securities fraud.