Free Consultation: (530) 898-9600Tap to Call This Lawyer
Steven James Foster

Steven James Foster

  • Workers' Compensation, Social Security Disability, Bankruptcy...
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Siles & Foster is devoted exclusively to representing injured and disabled workers with Workers’ Compensation, Social Security Disability and SSI claims. Our Attorneys are certified specialists in Workers’ Compensation. We also represent individuals before the Bankruptcy Court for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy protection.

Practice Areas
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Social Security Disability
  • Bankruptcy
  • Personal Injury
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
California St Univ Chico
Undergraduate Degree
CAL Northern School of Law
Law Degree
Professional Associations
California Applicants' Attorneys Association
- Current
California State Bar # 191271
- Current
Workers' Compensation in Butte
California State Bar
Websites & Blogs
Siles & Foster, P.C.
CA State Bar Profile
Legal Answers
24 Questions Answered

Q. Can you please show me where can I find out if workers compensation still owes me money from the state of California
A: You can look on the California State Controller's web site
Q. Can you utilize MSA money on non med. things if you never seek treatment from Medicare for workers comp injury
A: You may use the MSA account to pay for the following costs when they are directly related to the MSA account: • Cost of copying documents • Mailing fees/postage • Any banking fees related to the account • Income tax on interest income from the account You cannot use the MSA funds for living expenses. Here is a helpful link with instructions on your MSA account:
Q. how does COLA apply to life pension at 75% disability rating ?
A: Unfortunately, COLAs only apply to Injuries occurring on or after 01/01/2003. A 1999 injury would not have a COLA.
Q. in California workers comp system can you get cost of living increase?
A: The Cost of Living Adjustments (COLA) apply to work injuries occurring on or after January 1, 2003.
Q. Can you negotiate for a higher settlement amount?
A: Yes, all workers' compensation settlements are subject to negotiation.
Q. I think my work aggravated a previous non-work injury - can I still make a claim?
A: Yes, if your work activities aggravated, exacerbated, or accelerated your previous non-work condition. The insurance company will likely deny the claim until a doctor finds your condition was made worse by your work activities.
Q. I lost my balance and fell down at work. Can I still claim workers' compensation for my sprained ankle?
A: Yes, workers' compensation is a no fault system. If you are injured at work while working, you can claim your injury and seek medical care for the injury.
Q. Why would a workers comp carrier ask you to waive the requirements of Labor Code section 5313?
A: Labor Code section 5313 provides "The appeals board or the workers compensation judge shall, within 30 days after the case is submitted, make and file findings upon all facts involved in the controversy and an award, order, or decision stating the determination as to the rights of the parties. Together with the findings, decision, order or award there shall be served upon all the parties to the proceedings a summary of the evidence received and relied upon and the reasons or grounds upon which the determination was made." The requirements of Labor Code section 5313 are usually waived when the parties have reached a mutual agreement without need for the judge to hold a trial and issue a decision. 5313 are requirements for the judge. Waiver of the requirement is usually done to avoid the judge having to do unnecessary work.
Q. What does the serving of work or school training vouchers and my workers comp Is still not settled.
A: No, you can still provide to trial. If you have some level of permanent disability and your employer is not able or willing to provide modified work, the insurance company is required to send the Supplemental Job Displacement Voucher. The Voucher does not effect any of your other workers' compensation benefits (medical, temporary disability or permanent disability). The Voucher can be used to obtain $6,000.00 worth of retraining benefits (books, tuition, etc.). You can also submit the voucher to receive a cash payment from the State of California. You can apply for the cash payment at Good luck!
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
2064 Talbert Dr
Suite 100
Chico, CA 95928
Telephone: (530) 898-9600
Fax: (530) 893-1602