Free Consultation: (727) 372-3111Tap to Call This Lawyer
Stephanie Thompson Pawuk

Stephanie Thompson Pawuk

Pawuk & Pawuk, P.A.
  • Criminal Law, Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence ...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Over 17 years experience practicing criminal law. Former State Prosecutor in Clearwater, FL. Juvenile Criminal Defense is my specialty.

Practice Areas
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Juvenile Law
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
  • Free Consultation
    Phone or by appointment
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Pawuk & Pawuk, P.A.
- Current
Partner with over 15 years criminal trial experience
Stetson University College of Law
Stetson University College of Law Logo
Pro Bono Silver Award
Community Law Program
Award for 50 or more pro bono hours donated to indigent clients.
Professional Associations
Florida Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Women Lawyers of Pasco
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Bay Area Legal Services
Pro Bono Attorney
- Current
Activities: Free legal help and representation for domestic violence victims and their families
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida State Bar  # 514934
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Community Law Program
Pro Bono Attorney
Activities: Provided free legal help for family law clients
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Pawuk & Pawuk Website
Criminal Law Blog
Legal Answers
3 Questions Answered
Q. Is evading arrest, without violence a felony?
A: NO - and I believe you mean resisting arrest without violence. It's a 1st degree misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in county jail.
Q. What is the remedy for an amended indictment?
A: If you could be more specific it would be helpful. I'm assuming you have been charged with a crime and the State has amended the charging document? If so, there is no remedy to you. The State can amend the information at any time. It may cause your attorney to ask for a continuance, however there is nothing legally wrong with the State amending.
Q. What can I do about my soon to be ex-wife who co-signed for my car, now wants me refinance, and for a much higher rate !
A: All of that should be part of the equitable distribution in your divorce case. If not, you really need to talk to your attorney, or hire one if you haven't. Just like home ownership when two married people are on the mortgage, one can't force the other to refiance unless it's part of your marital settlement agreement.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
3610 Galileo Dr
Suite 104
New Port Richey, FL 34655
Telephone: (727) 372-3111
By Appointment Only
4601 Central Ave
St Petersburg, FL 33713
Telephone: (727) 372-3111