Stephanie Jane Hahn Attorney at Law is an Indiana employment law firm. Ms. Hahn's practice provides compassionate representation of employees who are victims of discrimination based on gender, race, disability, age and religious affiliation. She also represents clients with other employment matters including sexual harassment, pregnancy discrimination, hostile work environment, violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), wrongful termination, retaliation, claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), in addition to wage and hour violations under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Ms. Hahn has over 20 years of employment law experience and an established record of success for her clients in the state of Indiana. She has also represented clients in federal and state courts as well as before administrative bodies and commissions, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Her experience includes the negotiation and drafting of employment contracts, severance agreements, and nondisclosure and noncompete covenants and agreements. Ms. Hahn is dedicated to providing the best possible representation for clients with employment disputes.
- Employment Law
- 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- Owner, Attorney
- Stephanie Jane Hahn, Attorney at Law
- - Current
- Managing Attorney
- Valparaiso University
- J.D. (1995)
- Honors: Moot Court, Valparaiso University School of Law 1994-1995; Civil Rights Moot Court Team 1995
- Top 25 Female Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyers
- Indiana Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyers
- Indiana State Bar
- National Employment Lawyers Association of Indiana
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Indiana State Bar Association’s Leadership Development Academy
- Member of Steering Committee for the Community Service Project
- Indiana State Bar Association, Employment and Labor Law Council
- Activities: Member, Executive Board, 2009 - 2013; Chair, 2011 - 2012; Chair Elect, 2010 - 2011; Vice Chair, 2009 - 2010; Secretary/Treasurer, 2008 - 2009. Committee Exploring the Specialization of Employment Law in Indiana, Chair, 2011 - 2012.
- Sagamore Inn of Court
- Title VII: Harassment – Evidentiary Matters, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Foundation (ICLEF)
- Recent Developments in Employment Law, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Foundation (ICLEF)
- 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Matters of Retaliation Under Primary Employment Statutes, Recent Developments in Employment Law, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Foundation (ICLEF)
- The Social Media Revolution: The Risks and rewards for Employees, Employers and Their Attorneys, Indiana State Bar Association – Women in Law Bench Bar Conference
- 2011, 2012
- Employment Law 101 for the Solo and Small Firm Practitioner, Indiana State Bar Association Solo and Small Firm Conference
- Year in Review, Employment and Labor Law Update, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Foundation (ICLEF)
- 2013, 2014
- Stephanie Jane Hahn's Website Profile
- Stephanie Jane Hahn Attorney at Law PC Website
- Indianapolis Employment Law Blog
- Breaking down workplace discrimination
13 September 2019
- What is the advantage of the Family and Medical Leave Act?
14 August 2019
- Can educational requirements be discrimination?
30 July 2019
- Would gender discrimination end with more equal representation?
18 July 2019
- Social media discrimination is real: How to protect yourself
16 July 2019
- Why your company can have a dress code
3 July 2019
- Unconscious physical reactions to racial discrimination
20 June 2019
- What does workplace retaliation look like?
6 June 2019
- Subtle forms of workplace discrimination
4 June 2019