Free Consultation: (360) 519-3500Tap to Call This Lawyer
Stan Glisson

Stan Glisson

Glisson & Morris
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Personal Injury...
  • Washington
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I began my career as a public defender. Later, I accepted a position with the county prosecutors office, and worked there for 4 years before starting my own private firm. I have been practicing both criminal and civil law in Western Washington since 1998, and look forward to helping you with your legal questions.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Personal Injury
  • Insurance Claims
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal District Court, Western District of Washington
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Glisson & Morris
- Current
Glisson, Witt & Altman
Deputy Prosecutor
Kitsap County Prosecutor's Office
University of Washington School of Law
University of Washington School of Law Logo
University of Alaska - Fairbanks
B.A. (1994)
University of Alaska - Fairbanks Logo
Rising Star
Washington Law and Politics
40 Under Forty
Kitsap Peninsula Business Journal
Professional Associations
Kitsap County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Washington State Bar # 28323
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Impaired Driving, Gig Harbor Criminal Justice Summit, Gig Harbor, WA
Criminal Law: Jury Selection, Openings & Closings, Litigation Basics for the General Practitioner, Seattle, WA
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
115 Questions Answered

Q. First time getting a ticket for illegal use of emergency equipment(Blue Uber Light)
A: What court is it in? We have some experience with those, and I can't imagine that the blue Uber light should be found to be a violation of that statute.
Q. What can i do? my 17yr old lives with 18yr boy friend but he is hitting her.
A: The law allows a parent to seek a protection order on behalf of a minor child. So you can go to the local courthouse and ask for a protection order that would prohibit him from contacting her, but that would only be valid until she is 18. You can of course report what is happening to local law enforcement and/or CPS and ask that an investigation be conducted. If you call the county district court clerk, they can direct you to how to file for a protection order if that is the way you decide to go. I don't know that any of these are the best long term solution to your situation, but they are available legal remedies.
Q. Dui. Deferred 2 years ago. last month. I had a slip up. got a dirty UA. Will they revoke?
A: First off, every court is different. I don't know what court your case is in, but GENERALLY the answer is no. Relapses are a part of recovery, particularly when someone goes through something like you have. As long as the treatment agency is aware and addressing it, then you should be fine. Make sure the court always has your current address, because if they did want to address it with you they send notice through the mail. You want to make sure you get that notice. Good luck.
Q. I was a victim of rabbery 2, I know he is a first time felion. He has a public defender representing him.
A: Standard sentencing range in WA is 3-9 months for Robbery 2 with no prior felony 'points'. Different sentence alternatives do exist though, and often people plead to different charges at the end of the case. So many different things might happen. I agree, the prosecutor's office can answer your questions too.
Q. I need a no contact order lifted. I have no money. What are my options?
A: Different courts handle these differently. First if there is a public defender on the case, ask her or him what the process is. If not, or if you don't know who that is, then call the court and ask them the procedure. You can do this without a lawyer and there are no costs. But if there is a lawyer on the case, I would definitely talk to them first.
Q. If a minor drinks and is reported 2 months later can they get in trouble?
A: You are right that they can't really file a criminal charge (like MIP) without some further evidence besides your statement. But if they are on any kind of probation, it could possibly be used against them. If they are in school, particularly in athletics, I could see some possible repercussions there. But criminal charges really couldn't come from that. Also, could you possibly explain your situation without actually naming the other kids?
Q. So I am correct a driver's license is not required for driving my vessel?
A: Not a driver's license, but a boater's license is required (for most people, depending on your age).
Q. In washington state does the complete address have to be correct on a speeding ticket. The county is wrong.
A: Address where it happened, or address where the driver lives? One may matter, the other doesn't. How much it matters depends on the specific facts and the court / judge who will hear the case. Some errors on tickets are significant, but not all. I don't think anyone can answer your question without more detail. Good luck!
Q. When charged with vehicular assault, will the person be held on bail or released after there hearing.
A: There is no exact answer. Depends on the jurisdiction, who the judge is, and the facts of the case. The most important factor about the facts of the case is probably whether it was alcohol related or not. If the person appears out of custody, particularly if they appear with a lawyer, they should not have to post bail. Bail is designed for people who are a flight risk, a risk to interfere with the process (ie manipulate witnesses), or present a risk to community safety. So with no prior history they should be released, but again different courts / judges have their own standards. You should definitely talk to a lawyer who practices in that court before the first appearance.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Glisson & Morris
569 Division Street
Suite 320
Port Orchard, WA 98366
Telephone: (360) 519-3500
Fax: (360) 519-3511