Free Consultation: (954) 524-4141Tap to Call This Lawyer
Sherri B. Simpson

Sherri B. Simpson

Your situation is unique and I will tailor my services to do the best for you
  • Consumer Law, Elder Law, Bankruptcy ...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

I have been an attorney since 1990 and have focused on foreclosure defense since 1993 and bankruptcy since 1997. I have also handled a lot of business matters from sales to contract drafting, asset protection to bankruptcy.

I have a very well rounded background including family law, elder law, probate, lemon laws, tax law and consumer protection law. This wide breadth of knowledge allows me to see possibilities other attorneys miss, and to help you determine the best course of action for your individual circumstances.

I can help if you are behind in child support, have not paid individual, payroll or corporate taxes, have any kind of debt, assets to protect, a business to shut down or sell, etc.

I am very creative and pride myself on putting my clients' needs first, not my fees. I handle quite a bit of pro bono work for deserving people including veterans through the Mission United program under Broward County Legal Aid.

I am accessible to my clients nights and weekends (and early in the morning if you are an early riser like me). I truly care about doing the best for my clients and have saved many homes from unscrupulous lenders and real estate investors.

I offer a free initial consultation with no time limit. The consultation is finished when we are both satisfied I have reviewed all relevant information and a preliminary game plan is formulated. I also continuously look for different and better ways to help throughout my representation, and don't just rely on the initial assessment as things can change.

Practice Areas
Consumer Law
Class Action, Lemon Law
Elder Law
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
Foreclosure Defense
Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
  • Free Consultation
    My free consultation will be for as long as necessary to help you determine what Action is best for you. I do not limit the consultation as most lawyers do.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Credit cards may not be used for clients filing bankruptcy (unless the card belongs to someone else). But I accept credit cards for other matters.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Bankruptcy matters are usually fixed fee matters unless litigation is involved. I keep my fees low for foreclosure defense and will try to get my fees reimbursed by the lender.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
The Florida Bar
ID Number: 869491
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
University of Miami
J.D. (1990)
Placeholder image for education.
University of Florida
B.A. (1985)
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bankruptcy Institute
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
15 Questions Answered
Q. As a personal rep in FL am I able to sell a homestead property with a reverse mortgage if one of the heirs lives oversea
A: That is certainly not a simple question to answer and without more facts, I would be unable to do so with any certainty. I assume you have filed a probate action? I have handled both probate and guardianship cases and you always need a court order to sell an asset of the estate and if the property is determined to be outside of the estate (e.g. homestead) then your safest bet is to obtain a court order allowing you to sell and directing where the proceeds of sale go. With a final, non-appealable court order you are protected but without one you may not be.
Q. I am a senior citizen holding a mortgage in Charlotte County, Florida. I could not afford a lawyer to foreclose.
A: I agree with Barbara and I am not sure what district you are in but generally, reopen the case, file the order dismissing the bankruptcy and request that a new sale date be scheduled. You can attach the order to your request for a new sale date.
Q. Hi, I’m recently divorced and my ex husband has just filed for chapter 13 Bk, the family court order him to pay me $75k
A: Is the marital home in Florida? Is the business property in Florida? Is the dissolution of marriage in Florida?

Notwithstanding any of that, it sounds like your ex-husband is committing bankruptcy fraud which is never a good thing.
View More Answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Simpson Law Group
Belle Terre Building
7800 West Oakland Park Blvd Ste B-102
Sunrise, FL 33351
Telephone: (954) 524-4141
Cell: (954) 609-2794
Fax: (954) 763-5117
Monday: Open 24 hours (Today)
Tuesday: Open 24 hours
Wednesday: Open 24 hours
Thursday: Open 24 hours
Friday: 7 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Sunday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Notice: I answer my calls from 7 am through 9 pm during the work week and from 7 am through 5 pm on weekends. I will meet with you at a time convenient for you, even if that means later on a Sunday night.