Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- DUI & DWI
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
It is always a free consultation at Kollie Law Group.
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- Kollie Law Group, PC
- - Current
- Short Law Group, PC
- University of Oregon School of Law
- J.D. (2011)
- Oregon State University
- B.S. (2008) | Business Finance
- Oregon State Bar  # 114351
- Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers
- - Current
- NHTSA - Standardized Field Sobriety Tests
- LaPier & Associates
8 Questions Answered
- Q. I was convicted of a class B felony 11 years ago(non violent). Can I openly cary a collapsible baton in Oregon.
- A: It is not against oregon law to have a baton as a felon. It is not a prohibited item under ORS 166.270. You could always petition to restore gun rights in your county of residence, or expunge the crime, if otherwise eligible. That would be the only route to lawfully own firearms again.
- Q. Is it crime for a convicted felon to own black powder/muzzle loaded firearms/Antique firearm in the state of oregon
- A: No. A black powder or muzzle-loader is considered a 'firearm' under Oregon law. Unlike federal law, Oregon views these types of 'antique firearms' the same as any other firearm. They do not differentiate between these types of firearms. You would have to have your rights restored under 166.274, the felony expunged under 137.225, or reduced under 161.705. Do not have a firearm on you until that time.
- Q. Can an attorney file papers for a Motion to Set Aside for you for free if they were the original attorney?
- A: It is almost never free to set aside cases. It can cost anywhere from $700-$800 for the attorneys fees. Its a fairly simplistic process. You do not have to, and most folks do not go back to the original attorney who handled the case.
Contact & Map