Free Consultation: (541) 388-1660Tap to Call This Lawyer
Shawn A Kollie

Shawn A Kollie

Kollie Law Group, PC
  • DUI & DWI, Criminal Law
  • Oregon
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Shawn Kollie focuses on Criminal Defense and Second Amendment Rights across the State of Oregon. Shawn has practiced in almost every county in Oregon and the Federal Courts. Owning his own firm, Kollie Law Group, in Bend, Oregon Shawn represents clients with major felony and firearm cases. With a team of talented attorneys and an in-house investigator every case is a ‘team effort’. Shawn was born and raised in Portland, Oregon. Upon graduation from Oregon State University, Shawn attended the University of Oregon School of Law. As a third year law student, Shawn interned with the Lane County Public Defender’s Office handling appointed criminal matters. During his second year of law school, he began working at a small defense firm, exclusively on criminal and DUII defense matters in Portland.
Taking on hundreds of cases and many to trial, Shawn trained under former prosecutors and helped grow that firm. Shawn is certified by NHTSA and IACP to conduct field sobriety tests and uses that knowledge to assist his clients in DMV hearings and DUI trials throughout Oregon. As an NRA Licensed Pistol Instructor, Shawn has assisted in countless Concealed Handgun classes and helped advise a wide range of individuals from, instructing CHL Classes to obtaining and contesting a Federal Firearms License.
After working in Portland for far too many years, Shawn moved his family to Bend, Oregon and opened Kollie Law Group, PC and Oregon Gun Law. Shawn is married and the proud father of twin boys. He enjoys spending time with his family, running, hiking, hunting, and shooting.

Practice Areas
  • DUI & DWI
  • Criminal Law
  • Free Consultation
    It is always a free consultation at Kollie Law Group.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Kollie Law Group, PC
- Current
Short Law Group, PC
University of Oregon School of Law
J.D. (2011)
University of Oregon School of Law Logo
Oregon State University
B.S. (2008) | Business Finance
Oregon State University Logo
Professional Associations
Oregon State Bar # 114351
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
NHTSA - Standardized Field Sobriety Tests
LaPier & Associates
Websites & Blogs
Kollie Law Group, PC
Oregon Gun Law
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered

Q. Is it against the law to a record a conversation to prove one person is lying to another?
A: It is a crime to record a conversation without the other person's consent or knowledge. Do not record unless this person is advised that it is occuring.
Q. In Oregon, if I get a dui with a child in the vehicle do I receive a charge of child endangerment
A: You certainly can receive additional charges of Recklessly Endangering in a child is in the vehicle. It generally matters on how the driving was, and how impaired the driver was. Having a child in the car can also make someone ineligible for Diversion in Oregon which makes the punishment generally more severe.
Q. I payed to have my background checked while trying to purchase a handgun from a retail store. I read a question wrong.
A: This is a great question! The crime of 'false swearing' or 'attempted felon in possession of a firearm' could have both occurred in this factual scenario. It's important to speak with a knowledgeable gun rights lawyer about the possible ramifications of this type of crime and the possible routes for restoration. Do not speak to law enforcement any more about what occurred.
Q. If you get charged with 2 class c felonies in Oregon over 13 years ago can you get a Concealed weapons permit
A: You can only get a CHL under Oregon law if you have expunged those old felonies, or had a statutory restoration under ORS 166.274. Either of those options would restore your rights and allow you to obtain a CHL. Speak with a knowledgeable attorney about the process to get started.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Kollie Law Group, PC
40 NW Greenwood Ave. #100
Bend, OR 97703
Telephone: (541) 388-1660
Cell: (541) 581-0123
Fax: (541) 383-0610