Scott’s practice focuses on complex litigation involving all aspects of commercial and business disputes, including antitrust claims, claims seeking forced dissolutions, and claims based upon employment disputes, breaches of fiduciary duties, commercial contracts, non-competition agreements, breaches of warranties, and defective products.
As part of his commercial and business practice, Scott also assists medical providers and hospitals to collect past-due accounts and to seek payment when available under the Idaho Medical Indigency Act.
A portion of Scott’s practice also includes land disputes and real estate litigation, which often involves disputes over boundary lines, easements, and water rights. As part of his land and real estate practice, Scott also represents a county highway district in the administration of its duties for public road oversight.
Scott’s interests are not limited to only business and real estate litigation. He also has a strong interest in the preservation of individual rights. As a result of this interest, Scott’s practice also includes civil rights litigation involving disputes over free speech rights, parental rights, and rights of families and children. This interest has also led Scott to volunteer legal services to the CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) program which works to give a voice to children who have been subjected to abuse abandonment and neglect.
Scott is married, has four children, and is an outdoor enthusiast. He particularly enjoys hiking, backpacking, and mountain climbing.
- Real Estate Law
- Business Law
- Employment Law
- Free Consultation
- Racine Olson
- University of Idaho College of Law
- Brigham Young University
- AV Preeminent Rating
- Idaho State Bar
- Scott J. Smith's Website Profile
- Racine Olson Website
- Idaho Law Blog
- ESTATE PLANNING: WHAT WE CAN LEARN FROM BURT REYNOLDS
1 July 2019
- ESTATE PLANNING: WHAT WE CAN LEARN FROM GLORIA VANDERBILT
29 June 2019
- WHAT DOES A PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE DO?
19 June 2019
- GUARDIANSHIPS AND YOUR POWER OF ATTORNEY
7 June 2019
- ESTATE PLANNING LESSONS LEARNED FROM ARETHA FRANKLIN
23 May 2019
- AM I BOUND BY THE CONTRACT I SIGNED?
21 May 2019
- FAMILY FIGHTING TO MAKE END OF LIFE DECISION FOR JOHN SINGELTON
21 May 2019
- WHY YOU MIGHT WRITE SOMEONE OUT OF YOUR WILL
15 May 2019
- WHAT WE CAN LEARN FROM THE RAPPER NIPSEY HUSSLE
10 May 2019