Scott D. Goldman

Scott D. Goldman

Top Rated Denver Divorce & Child Custody Lawyer
  • Divorce, Family Law
  • Colorado
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Scott D. Goldman is the managing member of Goldman Law, LLC. Mr. Goldman founded Goldman Law, LLC on the principle that everyone deserves professional and ethical representation.

Scott was born in Detroit, MI and lived there for 26 years before moving to Denver, Colorado for better weather and great skiing. Scott is a Colorado Lawyer that has practice that focuses primarily on family law issues such as divorce and child custody.

Scott will take the time to explain your case to you to ensure you are fully aware of what is going on in your case. Scott’s experience with jury trials and bench trials enable the client to have confidence that he is the right attorney for them.

If you're looking for someone who will fight for you and your family look no further than Scott Goldman.

Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
10th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Founding Attorney
Goldman Law, LLC
Goldman Law, LLC firm exists to support individuals who are going through the divorce process. If you are in the middle of a divorce and are wondering where you can find the representation and support you need at this pivotal time in your life, seek out the support of a Denver divorce lawyer at this office. The team here has experience with property division complications and spousal support matters. Moreover, if you are interested in learning more about legal separation or annulment, you can learn about those processes when you come to this firm. If children are involved in the picture, it is imperative that you take the necessary time in formulating a workable and suitable parenting plan. Ask an attorney here to assist you with child support and child custody issues. You can also receive the help you need in regards to the adoption process or in working through guardianship complications. For more information, contact this law firm today.
The University of Denver Sturm College of Law
LL.M. | Taxation
The University of Denver Sturm College of Law Logo
Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
Western Michigan University Cooley Law School Logo
Michigan State University
B.A. | Economics
Michigan State University Logo
AV Preeminent
Martindale-Hubbell Lawyer Services
Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence
Client Reviewed: (5/5)
Martindale-Hubbell Lawyer Services
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Selected to Rising Stars: 2017 - 2022
Superb Rating
Professional Associations
Colorado Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Custody Cases in Colorado
AVVO Legal Guides
Speaking Engagements
Law Hour - Legal issues that are involved in mentoring, adopting, and general child custody situations.
The Father Show
Tax Update
Colorado Bar Foundation
Juris Doctor
Colorado State Bar
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered
Q. I can't get an arbiter to provide a final order after 6 mos. Her dad died and I think she isn't in the proper mind now
A: Im not clear on all the facts here, but IF, a party dies BEFORE a Decree for Dissolution of Marriage is entered, then the Court (nor the arbiter) no longer has jurisdiction to make any further orders regarding the Dissolution of Marriage. You will want an attorney to articulate case law to the arbiter regarding this issue, just to be sure, but that is only if the party died BEFORE the decree was entered.
Q. What action should I take when my child father has violated a court order to see my child?
A: Assuming you mean MOU and not MOA, the ultimate question is whether that MOU was made an order of the court, meaning the Judge or Magistrate signed off on it. From there, the specific language of your MOU will control and per 14-10-129.5,CRS, there is a whole host of remedies available to you, potentially. It would be prudent to review your MOU with an attorney and any other court orders, along with more facts here, in order to determine if your MOU is specific enough to file a Motion to Enforce or determine a different path to potentially accomplish your goals.
Q. Lived with my ex for 18years in Denver, Co. Are we Common Law Married? He provided for financially the whole time.
A: I don't think that these facts, in the manner in which they are presented, give rise to a common law marriage - however, you might have other causes of action under different civil theories of law, if your goal is to get to the equity in the home. Common law marriage is defined as (1) over the age of 18; (2)holding yourselves out to the public as being married; and (3) having the intent to be married. Courts look to insurance policies, taxes, etc., but I bet when your significant other says that he wouldn't sign the certificate because he did not want to be married, then that cuts against intent. Additionally, the tax documents and insurance policies, etc., on top of other witnesses show that you held yourselves out to the public as Mr and Mrs., but as you stated, those items lack in this case. It is advisable however, to look into other causes of action so you can be fully counseled on those issues as well.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Main Office - Denver
1873 S Bellaire St #1105
Denver, CO 80222
Telephone: (303) 656-9529
Colorado Springs Office
1755 Telstar Dr #300
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Telephone: (303) 656-9529
Boulder Office
4450 Arapahoe Ave #100
Boulder, CO 80303
Telephone: (303) 656-9529
Broomfield Office
520 Zang St #214
Broomfield, CO 80021
Toll-Free: (303) 656-9529
Goldman Law, LLC
3550 N Central Ave
Suite 1420
Phoenix, AZ 85012
Telephone: (602) 698-5520