Sasha Dadan Bonna

Sasha Dadan Bonna

Dadan Bonna Law, PLLC
  • DUI & DWI, Criminal Law, Domestic Violence...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Attorney Sasha Dadan Bonna is a passionate and aggressive criminal defense lawyer who represents clients on criminal defense matters in the State of Florida. She completed her undergraduate studies at Florida Atlantic University, and graduated magna cum laude in 2010. She then earned her law degree from Florida A&M University College of Law in 2013.

Sasha began her legal career at the Office of the Public Defender in the 19th judicial Circuit. As an Assistant Public Defender she represented over 3,000 clients in felonies, misdemeanors, DUIs and juvenile cases where she gained significant trial experience. She achieved favorable results for her clients that ended in the dismissal of many criminal cases, acquittals, and suppression of evidence.

Sasha has received numerous positive reviews on AVVO from her clients and colleagues and has been recognized by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys for being among the 10 best Attorneys for Florida Client Satisfaction. Sasha has been featured on PBS discussing the juvenile diversion program, "Youth Court," for juvenile offenders.

Call now for a free consultation.

Practice Areas
  • DUI & DWI
  • Criminal Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • Juvenile Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Cannabis & Marijuana Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
11th Circuit
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Nineteenth Circuit Public Defender's Office
Representing adults and juveniles in all types of criminal matters.
Florida A&M University College of Law
J.D. (2013) | LAW
Florida Atlantic University
B.A. (2010) | Public Communications
10 Best Attorneys
The American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
This is an exclusive list of the 10 Best Attorneys for Florida for Client Satisfaction in the practice area of Criminal Law.
Professional Associations
The Florida Bar # 0109069
Port St. Lucie Bar Association
- Current
Martin County Bar Association
- Current
Articles & Publications
Safety For Victims Or Protection For Their Abusers
Friendly Passages
Florida Notary
National Notary Association
Websites & Blogs
If The Alleged Victim Wants to Drop Charges Will The State Dismiss The Case?

If the alleged victim does not want to press charges against you this does not meant that the State Attorney's Office will drop the charges. It is the State of Florida versus you as the Defendant.

How Do I Become Eligible For A Hardship License After A DUI?

In order to be eligible for a hardship license after a DUI charge you must first enroll in DUI school you must then wait to apply for the hardship license. For instance, if you refused to submit to the breath test you must wait a period of 90 days of the 1 year administrative suspension. If you did submit to the breath test but blew over the .08 then you must wait a period of 30 days. You must then take your certificate of enrollment to the DHSMV.

Under What Circumstances Can I withdraw My Plea?

You can withdraw your plea under certain circumstances for instance if you were incompetent at the time you entered your plea meaning you were under influence of drugs or alcohol. If you did not understand the charges against you. If you did not understand the consequences or penalties that you would be subject to these are all reasons that would be considered by the court in determining whether or not your plea can be withdrawn.

What Is The Difference Between Sealing And Expunging A Criminal Record?

The difference between sealing and expunging your criminal record is that when your record is expunged the court and any law enforcement agency is required to physically destroy your record. With the sealing of your record they are not required to physically destroy your record but they are required to keep it out of public sight along with an expungement.

What Must The State Prove For A DUI Conviction?

The State must prove for a DUI conviction that at the time you were driving or in actual physical control of the vehicle and that while you were driving or in actual physical control of the vehicle you were under the influence of an alcoholic beverage, a controlled substance or a chemical substance that impaired your normal faculties and/or that your breath or blood alcohol content was at .08.

Legal Answers
30 Questions Answered

Q. Can I be charged civilly for perjury and then be charged criminally for perjury?
A: Perjury is a criminal offense punishable by up to 5 years in prison.
Q. If a person does an open plea is adjudicated guilty but was incarcerated at the time of the offense
A: Your brother should hire an attorney. If he does not have a means to hire a lawyers, contacting the Public Defender's Office is the best option. Your brother could move to set aside the sentence.
Q. Is sexting legal when you're 18 and you send some who is older in Florida
A: In the state of Florida you are considered an adult at the age of 18. If you are and adult and you are sexting with another adult it is not illegal. If however, you are the adult and you are sexting with a minor that is a felony offense. Additionally, if you engage in sexting as the adult and request that the minor meet you at a location, you could be charged with traveling to meet a minor for sex which is a felony in the second degree and carries sex offender registration.
Q. What are the grounds needed to prove grand theft? And also can a warrant be issued 6months after an alleged grand theft
A: The Statute of limitations on a third degree felony is three years. To prove the crime of grand theft the State must prove beyond a reasonable doubt: 1. (Defendant) knowingly and unlawfully [obtained or used] [endeavored to obtain or to use] the (property alleged) of (victim). 2. [He] [She] did so with intent to, either temporarily or permanently, a. deprive (victim) of [his] [her] right to the property or any benefit from it. b. appropriate the property of (victim) to [his] [her] own use or to the use of any person not entitled to it. Once the State has proven the above the State is then charged with proving the value of the property taken.
Q. can A restraint order be dropped at a arraignment
A: If the opposing party agrees to have the injunction dismissed it can be done even before a hearing. However, you must not have direct contact with the opposing party if an injunction has been entered against you and they are pro se. However, if the opposing party is represented you may consult with their lawyers and see if you can come to other terms to get the temporary injunction dismissed. You can request for opposing counsel to file a voluntary dismissal.
Q. what does this mean? "Order Denying Injunction Before Hearing Recorded"
A: If the court denied the injunction before a hearing your case will be automatically expunged pursuant to 119.0714(1)(K), Florida Statute. This is great news! In injunction cases expungement is not automatic unless a temporary injunction is denied and no hearing is set. This is good for you because employers conducting a background check will not be able to gain access to the petition for injunction filed by your ex-wife.
Q. Can I move out at 17 with parental consent?
A: You would need to file for emancipation.
Q. Stopped by LP in Target for taking $30worth of cleaning supplies. Said not pressing charges and police were not called
A: You may be facing criminal charges for theft. Contact my law office for a free consultation at
Q. My ex has the passcode and app to my home alarm. Can he be charged for tampering with it?
A: I would suggest changing your alarm code and contacting the company who you are billed through to notify them of the breach. I would also contact the nearest police department.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Dadan Bonna Law
201 S 2nd St #202
Fort Pierce,, FL 34950
Toll-Free: (833) 784-2538
Telephone: (772) 579-2771
801 Northpoint Pkwy.
West Palm Beach, FL 33407
Cell: (561) 800-3379