Free Consultation: (617) 803-9296Tap to Call This Lawyer
Samantha KempBoston based attorney
- Animal & Dog Law, Domestic Violence, Family Law ...
Claimed Lawyer Profile
Metro-Boston native and Massachusetts bar licensed attorney with 12 years collective experience.
Call me if you need me: (617) 803 - 9296.
- Animal & Dog Law
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights
- Family Law
- Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Construction Law
- Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers
- ID Number: 689902
- Owner, Counsel
- Law Office of Samantha Kemp
- - Current
- Focus on animal law, family law, contracts, domestic violence and 93A unfair and deceptive practices.
- General Counsel
- Beechwood Farm, LLC.
- Ensuring compliance with M.G.L c. 61 for the preservation of natural features of real property in an ecologically sound manner while producing income to sustain Beechwoods Farm.
- Head of Criminal Defense, Attorney
- Macias & Greenstein, LLC
- Head of the criminal defense department. Responsible for overturning convictions so immigrants could gain or retain U.S status.
- Lynch & Lynch
- Defending insurers, construction companies, businesses and individuals against coverage, tort, liquor liability, environmental, and consumer practices claims.
- Contract Attorney
- General Electric
- Conducted litigation support using Relativity to code documents for responsiveness, privilege, and confidentiality. Categorized documents by different issue codes, and redacted documents for privilege, relevance, confidential (trade secrets) and personally identifying information. Attended meetings with outside counsel.
- Contract Attorney
- Curtis Law
- Experience in appellate law and Chapter 93A. Researched appellate issues, drafted and revised affidavits, applications, exhibits, and memoranda for c. 93A reasonably attorney’s fees and costs. Filed and served applications, affidavits, and memos, with Massachusetts SJC and opposing parties.
- Homicide/Major Felonies
- Suffolk County District Attorney's Office
- Conducted trial and witness preparation as well as assisted in trial and witness preparation and preparation of trial notebooks. Researched and analyzed issues relating to criminal law and procedure. Drafted direct indictments, memoranda, discovery notices and requests, motions, and oppositions to motions. Prepared summaries of interviews, evidence, and jail calls. Participated in general and sentencing conferences. Attended police and EMT meetings and many court proceedings.Experience in criminal prosecution and criminal procedure with a focus on major felonies and homicide. Conducted trial and witness preparation as well as assisted in trial and witness preparation and preparation of trial notebooks. Researched and analyzed issues relating to criminal law and procedure. Drafted direct indictments, memoranda, discovery notices and requests, motions, and oppositions to motions. Prep
- Environmental Crimes/Cyber Forensics
- Massachusetts Attorney General's Office
- Experience in criminal and environmental prosecution, and digital cyber forensics. Prepared witnesses for grand jury and trials. Organized evidence and presented it to the Grand Jury. Conducted factual digital investigations using Nuix software. Conducted legal research pertaining to environmental crimes, land use, and digital forensics. Drafted witness questions, memoranda, motions, oppositions to motions, case summaries, oral argument preparation, and discovery requests. Participated in Environmental Protection Agency case screenings. Observed Grand Jury, trials, and immunity agreements.
- Law Office of Kate Barnes
- Experience in family law, criminal defense, legal advertising, and property law with a solo practitioner. Conducted client intake, scheduling and assisted with counseling. Drafted and reviewed complaints, memoranda, agreements, and answers. Filed responses, answers and oppositions. Setup and administered billing software (Daylite and BillingsPro). Conducted legal research pertaining to family law and criminal defense. Prepared trial analysis to facilitate settlements. Brainstormed negotiation and advocacy strategy. Attended many probate and criminal proceedings. Ran the firm while supervisor was out of the country.
- Suffolk University Law School
- Honors: Pro Bono Honors Deans list 2012 - 2013
- Activities: Editor for Dicta, Suffolk University Law Schools Newspaper President of the Irish American Law Society Member, Women's Law Society Mentor
- University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth
- B.S. (2009) | Political Science
- Activities: MASSPIRG
- Jurisprudence Award
- Suffolk University Law School
- State Bar of Massachusetts  # 689902
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map