Free Consultation: (678) 390-3503Tap to Call This Lawyer
Samantha A Holloway

Samantha A Holloway

Protecting what matters most: family, business and financial peace.
  • Business Law, Family Law, Divorce...
  • Georgia
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Hello! I am an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. I have a passion for justice and dedication to educating and effectively guiding clients through the complex legal system is unsurpassed. Clients can expect the professional skills of an attorney that is willing to listen, qualified to counsel, and ready to serve. I completed my undergraduate studies at Emory University and obtained my law degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law in Little Rock, Arkansas.

But enough about me. Let's talk about what you can expect from me and my law firm.

My law firm is a law firm that is committed to the pursuit of righteousness. We help people who come to us at the lowest point of their lives. Therefore we strive daily to help our clients protect what matters most: their family, their businesses, and their financial peace. We pledge to never take advantage of you during your time of need. We promise to do right by you. This means that you can always expect the following:

1. We will provide you with fair and transparent bills and billing practices.
2. We will set honest and realistic expectations about your case.
3. We will communicate clearly with you about your case.
4. We will stand by our word. We will do what we tell you we will do.
5. We will hold you accountable for doing your part to moving your case forward.

The first step to working with us is to schedule a free case review. You can do that by calling our office or visiting our website (

Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
  • Bankruptcy
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Holloway Bell, LLC
- Current
Principal Attorney
The Holloway Firm
- Current
Trial Attorney
U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development
Fair Housing Enforcement Attorney
U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development
William H. Bowen School of Law
J.D. (2009)
Emory University
B.A. (2003)
Professional Associations
Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys
- Current
Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Current
State Bar of Georgia # 414001
- Current
Websites & Blogs
What To Do If You're Thinking About Divorce

Deciding to get divorced is a big decision. Once you make that decision, you need to plan what happens next. How will you survive financial? What will happen to your kids? What are your rights? Meeting with an experienced attorney can give you peace of mind as you go through the divorce process.

Tips for Fathers

Whether you are a married father, divorced father, or not involved in a relationship with your children's mother, it is important that you know your rights

How to Stop Repossessions in Georgia

It happens to everyone. Something causes them to get behind on their car payment and the finance company starts the repossession process. Often the car owner just needs a little bit more time to catch up on the payments. Bankruptcy can help you stop a repossession and it can get your car back if its already been repossessed. We help people achieve financial peace through bankruptcy.

How to Stop a Foreclosure in Georgia

Every month, homes are sold through foreclosure on the steps of Georgia's courthouses. Losing your home to foreclosure can have a devastating effect on a family. Bankruptcy can stop the sell of your home and give you more time to catch up on the payments.

How to Stop Garnishment in Georgia

Garnishment is the legal process of collecting a debt from a paycheck or bank account. Often the garnishee doesn't know how to stop the garnishment. Holloway Bell is an Atlanta law firm that helps people achieve financial peace through bankruptcy. We can help you stop the garnishment and keep more money in your paycheck.

Legal Answers
26 Questions Answered

Q. What can we do if the non custodial parent, the mother, hasn't contacted the children for 12 weeks?
A: It is possible for a step parent to adopt children. However, there are certain legal hurdles that have to be met before this can occur. You will need an attorney to assist you to ensure that it is done correctly. I would advise that you reach out to an attorney for a consultation so that you can make an informed decision on how to proceed.
Q. Is there a difference between an at home DNA test and a DNA test from child support?
A: It will be difficult for an attorney to advise you as to the accuracy of the home DNA test. Georgia requires laboratories to meet certain scientific criteria which provides assurances that the results are accurate. It may be difficult to prove the accuracy of a home DNA test in court without knowing the qualifications of the laboratory. However, the DNA testing conducted through Child Support Enforcement is credible and generally admissible in court. Additionally, the DNA testing through Child Support Enforcement is less expensive than a test conducted a private laboratory. Only you can make the decision if you submit to a second test or move on. Good luck.
Q. Is any cash you give to someone considered "a gift" in Georgia? Even if you have a verbal contract and text agreements?
A: A verbal agreement can be enforceable. However, without additional information, I do not know if the verbal agreement that you had with your ex is enforceable. I would suggest that you consult with an attorney. It is relatively inexpensive to file a case in small claims court and it is designed for people to represent themselves. Also, cases usually appear before a judge quickly. You may want to file a case and proceed through that avenue. Good luck!
Q. Do I have to pay child support to the CP if my kids are in my custody during the summer break?
A: Yes. Typically child support is based on a yearly basis and most court orders do not allow you to stop payment during certain months. However, you can ask the court for a reduction for the time that your children spend with you during the summer so that your overall child support (and monthly amount) will be reduced. I would advise working with an attorney to ensure that the request for the reduction is completed properly.
Q. My now wife had given conservatorship for her daughter to her then boyfriend , Can we get change it. No contact
A: It depends on the type of guardianship that was granted. If it was temporary guardianship through the probate court, consent can be revoked. I would suggest that you speak with an attorney to determine exactly type of guardianship/conservatorship that was granted and the grounds upon which it can be revoked or modified. Good luck.
Q. can i get a divorce without child support and visitation
A: If the child is yours, there are very few instances where child support will not be awarded. However, you can agree not to exercise visitation. Please talk to a lawyer to get more a more specific answer for your situation.
Q. Am I allowed to refuse visitation to the non-custodial parent due to alcohol, drug and extreme sexiual behvior abuse.
A: I would suggest that you file the necessary documents to modify visitation immediately. Depending on the judge/county, you may be able to get an emergency hearing to temporarily modify visitation if you believe that your child will be in danger when the child is in his father's care.
Q. Can I purchase a house if I’m married and then file for divorce and spouse have no stake in my home.
A: Yes you can, however the house will likely be considered marital property and your soon to be ex may be have a financial interest in it. If you can wait, I would suggest purchasing the home after your divorce is finalized.
Q. I said i didnt need child support but am now struggling. Can I go back and request child support?
A: Typically, you cannot modify a child support award unless it has been 2 years has passed since the last order. However, child support can be modified if there is a material change in the financial circumstances of the parents or the child. You may want to talk with a lawyer to determine if your circumstances would qualify as material and support a change in the previous child support order.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Holloway Bell LLC
4751 Best Road
Ste 203
Atlanta, GA 30337
Telephone: (678) 390-3503
Fax: (404) 465-3634