(317) 588-2866Tap to Call This Lawyer
Russell B. Cate
- DUI & DWI, Criminal Law, Products Liability ...
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Products Liability
- Drugs & Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Defects, Toxic Torts
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Additional Practice Areas
- Automotive Dealerships
- Mass Torts
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- Indiana State Bar  # 27056-29
Websites & Blogs
- RileyCate, LLC
6 Questions Answered
- Q. Can I just leave pregnant wife and two children?
- A: Being legal and having consequences are two different things. Just because you may be able to leave does not mean you will not have consequences for doing so. First of all, the two of you are still married which means you would need to get a divorce. Second of all, you will be obligated to pay child support and possible other expenses to help support your children. Third, you are leaving behind YOUR CHILDREN who are innocent bystanders in the poor decisions made by your wife. They should not be adversely affected (and they will be if you up and walk away) because of you or your spouse's decision making.
- Q. I'm going to court over child support and the mothers attorney requested my tax forms.
- A: Good practice is to redact SSN from the tax returns. As far as having a case, unlikely. In order to have a case you have to be able to show you were damaged. I am guessing that other than having your SSN passed along without your consent you have not suffered financial harm as a result.
- Q. My ex use to work for the prosecutors office. She has contacted an old friend at the court house asking to be notified
- A: Court filings are a matter of public record so anyone can look to see what has been filed. I do not believe it is illegal for your ex's friend to "keep an eye out" for incoming filings.
Contact & Map