Free Consultation: (512) 521-4238Tap to Call This Lawyer
Roy Lee Warren

Roy Lee Warren

Law Office of Roy L. Warren,
  • Criminal Law, Personal Injury, DUI & DWI...
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Roy was born and raised in Texas, graduating from Texas City High School. 10 years getting life's hard lesions he finally entered college where despite his late start he earned accolades and academic scholarships, graduating with honors in just 3 years while working also. He earned one of the 1st degrees for Bachelor of Accountancy issued by the University of North Dakota. Then took and passed the exam to become a CPA..Roy and Laurie (wife since 18 years old with their four children),decided to moved back to Texas so Roy could enroll at South Texas College of Law, located in downtown Houston. While attending STCL he worked with the Law firm of Alton Todd in Alvin Texas.Roy credits his success to the mentorship of Super Lawyer Alton Todd where Roy became a successful and professional lawyer protecting people's dreams across Texas. The appeals he wrote, starting his1st year in law school (as a clerk) appealing lower court decisions to Appellate Courts and State Supreme Courts resulted in reversal of laws protecting Constitutional rights of people..In fact, the first week after becoming a lawyer he won his 1st trial against a well known Super Lawyer that had been practicing 20 years. The next week Roy was winning again on an appeal to the Court of Appeals. He was arguing that case (by himself) against 3 seasoned lawyers;1 was so well known his argument against Joe Jamail was published in a book Roy just read in law school. For the past 28 years Roy earned a reputation to be creative,successful, and well regarded by clients, peers and judges alike. Throughout his life and career he has demonstrated he is intelligent, fearless and a winner. He has been fighting his whole life so he is ready to fight for you. He is never judgmental of anyone, always being respectful. He is just the kind of lawyer you need because he cares, understands, and will compassionately fight for his clients to protect their dreams and freedom.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Personal Injury
  • DUI & DWI
  • Workers' Compensation
Additional Practice Areas
  • Various other case
  • Expert Witness Regarding Insurance
  • Free Consultation
    My fee depends on the type of case, for instance defending a criminal charge I must charge a retainer, personal injury cases I take on a contingency fee so you do not have to pay up front, workers compensation depends on the situation but if you think your do not need a lawyer ask yourself why the carriers have them.
  • Contingent Fees
    My contingent fees for workers compensation is 25%; for PI cases my fees are 1/3 of the recovery at most.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    With respect to criminal defense I must charge by the hour but I always give defendants a cap that my total charge for fees will never surpass; unless there is some extraordinary circumstance (which so far in 25 years has never happened).
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Office of Roy L. Warren,
- Current
With respect to worker's compensation few people can match my experience. I have been involved with more than 4,000 worker's compensation cases by: (1) representing injured workers (IW) at all levels, including judicial review (jury trial); (2) working for insurance carriers, (3) teaching or moderating WC to other attorneys (3) working as administrative Judge for the Appeals Panel with DWC reviewing cases to ensure legal and factually sufficient reasons to affirm or reverse; (4) testifying as an expert witness on WC matters. Also I represent those charged with crimes whether it’s a traffic violation, misdemeanor, murder, or First Degree Felonies. Regarding Personal Injury cases, I have represented people for violation of Constitution rights, injured in automobiles, slip and falls, injured when sitting on a broken toilet seat, and I even assisted people with having their tortoises returned
Houston College of Law Houston
J.D. (1991) | Law
South Texas College of Law
J.D. | Law
Honors: Received American Jurispudence Award for Excellence in Property Law I and also Property Law II. Received award for highest grades in Civil Rights and Civil RICO.
Activities: While at UND I was elected as a Student Senator and I was appointed to be the Chairman of the Appropriations Committee. I was also a member of VITA. While at STCL I was a member of the moot court team and was a quarter finalist.
University of North Dakota
B.A. | Accounting
Honors: Awarded Accounting Department Scholarship for excellence in Accounting; Graduated in top 15%, Named to Honor Society Beta Alpha Psi; Named to deans list and National Deans list on multiple occassion.
Activities: I was elected Student Senator at UND and was also elected to be the Chair of the Appropriations Committee.
Outstanding Contributions of Legal Services to Low-Income Texans
The Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas
Providing legal services pro bono to those that cannot afford a lawyer.
10 Best Criminal Law Attorneys in Texas
American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
Based on Client Satisfaction
10 Best DWI Attorneys in Texas
American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
Board Certified in Workers' Compensation Law
State Board of Legal Specialization
Board Certified in Worker's Compensation Law 2005-2015
Certified Public Accountant
The North Dakota Society of Certified Public Accountants
Professional Associations
Worker's Compensation Section of the Texas State Bar
Board Certified in Worker's Compensation
- Current
State Bar of Texas
Litigation Section of the Texas State Bar
- Current
Activities: Member
Texas State Bar # 20888685
- Current
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Current
Activities: Member as a CPA
The North Dakota Society of Certified Public Accountants
Certified Public Accountant
- Current
Activities: After passing the CPA examine I joined th North Dakota Society of Certified Public Accountants
USAA Amatuer Boxing Asssociation
Activities: As a certified boxing instructor with U.S.A.A. I trained amateurs in boxing. I was also certified to judge the events.
Articles & Publications
Suing IC for Medical Benefits
Appeals Panel Decision No. 030664
Speaking Engagements
Adjusting Workers' Compensation Cases, Workers Compensation, Radisson Hotel San Antonio
Texas Mutual Insurance
Moderated the event as well as presented other WC topics with other speakers.
Adjusting Workers' Compensation Cases, Workers Compensation, Radisson Hotel San Antonio
Texas Mutual Insurance
Moderated the event as well as presented other WC topics with other speakers.
Board Certified in Worker's Compensation
by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Certified Public Accountant
The North Dakota Society of Certified Public Accountants
Websites & Blogs
AVVO site
Legal Answers
291 Questions Answered

Q. How can I get my failuer to maintain financial responsibility citation dismissed
A: I AM SORRY FOR YOUR SITUATION. Generally to get a dismissal you will need to hire a lawyer (preferably one that is local) to negotiate on your behalf. I have negotiated deals in situations such as yours where my client gets insurance right away and demonstrates 6 months of compliance. In that situation make sure the DA agrees you will not have the ridiculous surcharge. Also, if you earn less than 125%of the federal poverty guidelines you may be able to get a reduction or waiver of the surcharge. Go to the DTPS website for information. Best of luck to you.
Q. I was raped and the man is about to go to trial. Can I sue him in civil court for my medical damages?
A: I am sorry for your experience. Yes you can sue civilly and you can also seek recovery under the Crime Victims Act (CVA). Ask the district attorney's office in the county where the case is being prosecuted about recovery under the CVA. I think you can recover up to $50,000. Good luck to you.
Q. I had agg.asslt w/deadly wpn chrg against my spouse. Case dismissed. How does she get her firearm back?
A: She will need to file a Motion to Return Seized Property with the court where her case was pending. You can ask the DA to agree to the motion which will help expedite the process.
Q. How do I find out if I have a case? Had carpal tunnel surgery and may need a 2nd
A: You may have a claim depending on if you gave notice. Did you report (does not have to be in writing) an injury w/i 30 days of the date you knew or should have known the condition was caused from your job? The date of injury (DOI) is seldom the first onset of symptoms but rather when the condition has become bad enough that you seek medical attention (first day you see a doctor for the injury.) Another way would be if your employer actually knew of your injury, then notice is not required.
Q. I work for a public school district. I got my foot tangled in an electrical cord and fell on concrete breaking my hip.
A: I am sorry you made that election to take your "earned" sick time and/or PTO. Governmental jobs are unique in that way (they can elect accumulated sick pay and the election cannot be reversed). I have tried and tried to come up with an instance when it is better for the injured worker to elect their own sick leave and have yet to see an advantage (except to the employer). There is a wc statute that is supposed to prevent employers from passing the costs of wc benefits on to employees, yet allowing employees to elect to take earned sick time seems to do just that. On to your next question. When you are injured and that injury prevents you from performing a second job you are entitled to benefits for "dual employment". So your benefits should be based on the AWW you earn from each employer if you are unable to perform either job. Contact DWC and ask they set a BRC for you. Make sure you have wage statements from both employers.
Q. I was on probation and now I want to expunge my record. Is that possible?
A: THANKS FOR YOUR QUESTION. Unfortunately you are correct, once you are on probation you cannot get it expunged. However, all is not lost, you can get your record sealed after 2 years. Also, I am hoping you received differed adjudication probation and successfully completed it? If so you still have gun privileges.
Q. Can an Employer threaten your job for requesting to file an on the job injury, i work for the post office
A: They absolutely cannot terminate your job for filing a wc claim. However you could lose your job if your injuries prevent you from being able to perform your job, but that would be true whether you filed a claim or not. Also once you told the supervisor about your claim (s)he must file the claim, and should not try to persuade you not to file. File your claim.
Q. I went jail for 17 hours. My pup was left with my BF. I got out and now he wont tell me where she is. Can I press charge
A: I appreciate your question. It can be very hard on some people when pets are mistreated, taken or lost. He could be prosecuted for theft of property (your pet is considered property) but more than likely the prosecution would be unwilling to try to prove that unless you have some proof that he intentionally took or disposed of your pet. Most likely your friend would claim at most he was negligence because the dog "took off". I hope things work out for you.
Q. I need copies of the victim statements that were used against me in a conviction for attempted indecency with a child.
A: Thanks for your question. Unfortunately the State Var has sided with the prosecution when it comes to providing statements to defendants. Under the Texas Ethical Rules of Conduct for lawyers the prosecution is allowed to demand that defense lawyers NOT give copies of statements the state provides. If we allow Defendant's to have a copy of statements provided the Defense lawyer can be prosecuted. I for one resent being told what I can, or cannot provide to my clients. The Great State of Texas has entrusted me with a license to practice law but I guess I am not intelligent to discern reports that ought not be shared with some people. The Constitution demands that you have the right to see all evidence against you but somehow a way is found to circumvent that sacred document our Country was built upon. Some people even lose their absolute right to bear arms for felony convictions that have NOTHING to do with the conviction. There is no hearing to take away the gun rights, a felony just automatically abolished gun rights. The rights our founding fathers fought so hard for are steadily being chipped away. The Constitution also demanded NO DEBTORS PRISON! Hogwash; ask those thousands being jailed for not being able to pay child support or unable to pay traffic fines. You are forbidden from having a copy of the statement, BUT, you are supposed to be able to review the document at your lawyer's office or the DA's office. You may need to contact the Attorney General's Office if the DA's office WILL NOT PLAY NICE. Good luckt oyou and I hope things work out.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
1775 Oakwood Loop
San Marcos, TX 78666
Telephone: (512) 521-4238