Free Consultation: (717) 737-3300Tap to Call This Lawyer
Roy L. Galloway III

Roy L. Galloway III

The Law Office of Roy Galloway, LLC
  • Criminal Law, Divorce, DUI & DWI...
  • Pennsylvania
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Roy L. Galloway, Attorney at Law, was born in New Orleans, LA. After graduating with honors from Clark Atlanta University, where he earned his degree in political science, Roy went on to attend Pennsylvania State Dickinson School of Law, which is where he received his Juris Doctor. Now, he's admitted to practice law in every Pennsylvania court. Before he established his own practice, Roy was an associate at a distinguished law firm in Pottstown, PA. There, he focused on all manner of family law. Roy moved up to a larger law office based out of Lemoyne, PA, where along with the firm, he focused on insurance defense. Eventually, Roy decided to begin his own legal firm, which he vowed would set the standard for criminal defense law and family law practice in Central Pennsylvania. Roy has been recognized by the Penn State Dickinson School of Law's Miller Center for Public Interest Advocacy as a Public Interest Advocate. This honor was given for his dedication to representing indigent persons who were facing criminal charges. Roy is currently a proud member of the following associations: Pennsylvania Association of the Criminal Defense Lawyers (PACDL) American Bar Association Pennsylvania Bar Association Dauphin County Bar Association Harrisburg Young Professionals Attorney Roy Galloway practices in the areas of criminal defense law, juvenile law, and family law. If you have legal issues in these areas, Roy may be able to help you sort your life out. Contact him today with the form at right, or by calling (717) 737-3300 for your free and confidential consultation.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Divorce
  • DUI & DWI
  • Family Law
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Juvenile Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
The Law Office of Roy Galloway, LLC
- Current
The Law Office of Roy Galloway, LLC was established in September of 2009. This practice focuses on criminal and family law, and serves Dauphin, Cumberland, York, Lebanon and Lancaster counties.
Dickinson School of Law
J.D. | Law
Placeholder image for education.
Clark Atlanta University
B.A. (2004) | Political Science
Honors: Cum Laude
Clark Atlanta University Logo
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
2019 Nominated for Rising Star by Superlawyers
Top One Percent
National Association of Distinguished Counsel
Top One Percent Criminal Defense
10 Best Criminal Defense Attorney
10 Best Criminal Defense Attorney
Nominated for 2nd Consecutive Year for Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorney
Lead Counsel Rated
Lead Counsel
Top Criminal Defense Attorney
Professional Associations
Pennsylvania Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Pennsylvania Bar Association Bar Leadership Institute Class of 2012
Activities: The PBA BLI was a mentoring program where young lawyers were being groomed to assume leadership positions within the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Martin Luther King Leadership Development Institute
Activities: This was a program where young leaders in the community received leadership training to provide leadership and service to the Harrisburg region.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
14 Questions Answered

Q. Ex's first name is different from marriage license and divorce decree. Am i legally divorced?
A: If your ex-wife legally changed her name after getting married, you are still divorced because she is the same person you originally married. Additionally, the courts ask for social security numbers for parties to a divorce, so that should cover you.
Q. I am looking into a divorce no fault. I would like to know what my options. We have no items to separate.
A: If you have no property to divide and neither party desires alimony pendente lite, you can get a divorce with simple paperwork. Frankly, in most counties, the court has a self help section where you can print out forms and follow the directions to finish the divorce. However, if you don’t wish to be bothered with the paperwork, you can hire an attorney to file the paperwork and get you divorced. These type of divorces are inexpensive and can be resolved rather quickly, especially where both parties consent to a divorce. Where the other party does not consent to a divorce, you will most likely have to wait until you have been separated for at least 1 year before you can get a divorce. For more information on divorce, you can go to our website:
Q. My wife filed for divorce in Pennsylvania 5 years ago . I pay spousal support . In march of 2017 we made an agreement th
A: Sir, I am sorry you had this negative experience. In Pennsylvania, an agreement regarding child support is against public policy and will not prohibit a parent from seeking support for a minor child. Thus, if the agreement is for child support, it is null and void. With respect to spousal support, you can agree not to pursue spousal support and that agreement would be upheld. However, the agreement must be filed with the court in order to be enforceable. In your question, you mentioned that you have the agreement in writing via an email. This type of agreement should be filed with the court prior to the divorce being granted in order to be enforceable. Under Pennsylvania law, where there is no agreement as to property rights, the court will not intervene in resolving a dispute after a divorce is granted. Accordingly, if the agreement was made by email and isn't signed by the parties and filed with the court, it will NOT be enforceable.
Q. If rights are terminated and daughter is adopted by foster family can i adopt her in the future if agreed by foster?
A: There is a lot of missing information that may be pertinent to provide a complete answer to your questions such as what were the reasons your parental rights were terminated- was there abuse, neglect, drug use, illness, abandonment, etc. Also, the age of the child is a relevant factor because children 14 years of age and older has standing to object to an adoption. Nevertheless, I will provide you with my answer. Based on the information you provided, it is possible that you could adopt the child, particularly if all parties, including the child, are in agreement with the adoption, and the court is convinced that the adoption is in the best interest of the child. Moreover, in Pennsylvania adults can be adopted after the age of 18 and you do not need the adopting parents' permission to adopt your biological child after he/she turns 18. As such, you may in the future adopt your biological child while he/she is still a minor or after he/she reaches the age of majority.
Q. I have a question about possession of a car after a divorce in Pennsylvania.
A: Under Pennsylvania law, property gifted to you by a family member is excluded from the definition of marital property. Here, it appears your father gifted you a vehicle, and you allowed your spouse to have temporary use of the property. Below see the definition of marital property and what property is excluded. Based on the information you provided, the car is not marital property. See below: 3501. Definitions. (a) General rule.--As used in this chapter, "marital property" means all property acquired by either party during the marriage and the increase in value of any nonmarital property acquired pursuant to paragraphs (1) and (3) as measured and determined under subsection (a.1). However, marital property does not include: (3) Property acquired by gift, except between spouses, bequest, devise or descent or property acquired in exchange for such property. If you have further questions, you may call our office (717) 737-3300
Q. Retail Theft
A: If you have no prior criminal history, you and your attorney should consider applying for the Acc elerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program. ARD is a pretrial program designed for non-violent and non-felony offenses whereby you agree to be on probation, you pay a fee for entry into the program, pay restitution and fines and comply with conditions of the ARD program which are usually community service, counseling or treatment and paying restitution and your record will be expunged upon successful completion of the ARD program. It is important that you apply for entry into the program early in the process because you cannot have your record expunged after you are found guilty or plead guilty, unless it is a summary offense and you wait 5 years to have it expunged. If you get accepted into the ARD program, you can have your record expunged in less than a year and this won't cause you too much harm. You should contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer ASAP.
Q. Are records automatically expunged if charges are dropped involving possession with intent to distribute 3heroin bricks.
A: If your charges have been expunged, you should have received a copy of a court order granting a Petition For Expungement. If you never received a court order expunging your record, chances are you still have an arrest record. You should check with your lawyer to see if he/she received an order granting an expungement. If you were not represented by a lawyer, you can do an unofficial record check by pulling up your docket sheet at the court of common pleas level. You can search the following website by your name or docket number: I hope this helps.
Q. I have a 14 year old son can I give up right with out supporting him I dont have money for support help
A: Your obligation to pay child support won't cease until the child becomes an adult or your parental rights are terminated by a court. Of course, you won't have to pay support unless the other parent seeks a support order from domestic relations.
Q. my boyfriend is fighting for custody of his sons can they freeze his child support payments
A: No. The fact that he is seeking custody in court does not negate his obligation to pay support in PA. However, if he wins primary physical custody, he no longer has to pay support and should file with domestic relations to have his support terminated and he would be entitled to support. Also, if he wins 40% or more physical custody then he can have his support obligation reduced. Hope that helped.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
The Law Office of Roy Galloway, LLC
4309 Linglestown Rd.
Suite 107
Harrisburg, PA 17112
Telephone: (717) 737-3300
Fax: (717) 737-3312