Free Consultation: (817) 265-9002Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ross F. Tew

Ross F. Tew

The Law Firm of Ross F. Tew | Arlington, Texas
  • Elder Law, Estate Planning, Probate ...
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I grew up in Austin, attended Baylor, lived in Dallas with my wife for a number of years before moving to Fort Worth, started a family, and opened my practice.

Practice Areas
  • Elder Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Real Estate Law
  • Arbitration & Mediation
Additional Practice Area
  • Guardianship
  • Free Consultation
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I prefer fixed fee agreements whenever possible. Some contested probate matters require hourly billing. I am also a mediator, and some mediations can go longer than scheduled, in which case I do bill each party hourly.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
The Law Firm of Ross F. Tew, PC
- Current
Professional Associations
State Bar of Texas  # 24084659
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Tarrant County Association of Mediators
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
53 Questions Answered

Q. Can the executor of a will change the provisions without all the beneficiary's consent?
A: Generally speaking, no. Texas law allows for the beneficiaries of a will to amend the terms by family settlement agreement, which would require every beneficiary to consent.
Q. My grandparents are both deceased. They owned a home. They had 5 children. All but 2 are deceased. The 3 who are decease
A: Yes.
Q. What can I do to stop my siblings from stealing everything off my mother's the legal way?
A: You should report elder financial exploitation to Adult Protective Services, a part of the Texas Department of Family Protective Services. You can file a Suggestion of Need of Guardian in the county where you live. If you are in Bexar County you should contact the Probate Court. In Medina and Atascosa Counties you'll probably need to contact the County Courts or County Courts at Law. Regardless of which county you are in, find an attorney nearby who has handled contested guardianship matters.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
The Law Firm of Ross F. Tew, P.C.
4025 Woodland Park Boulevard, Suite 140
Arlington, TX 76013
Telephone: (817) 265-9002
Cell: (214) 558-4489
Fax: (817) 886-8620
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed