Free Consultation: (707) 867-0201Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ronald Mahurin

Ronald Mahurin

Law Office of Ronald Mahurin (
  • Workers' Compensation
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

I am a Certified Legal specialist in California workers' compensation. I have an office in Point Arena California.

Practice Area
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Free Consultation
    The WCAB does not allow attorneys practicing workers compensation to bill clients directly and all attorney fees must be approved by the court. In sum, the applicant has no exposure to pay attorney fees absent an award from the court.
  • Contingent Fees
    On occasion I will prosecute a 132a discrimination claim and may request a contingency fee relating to any recovery.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
9th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
San Francisco State Unv
Undergraduate Degree
Placeholder image for education.
William Howard Taft Univ
Law Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
California Applicant Attorney Association
- Current
Activities: Case law updates and MCLE
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California State Bar  # 206784
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Certified Legal Specialist Workers Compensation
California Board of Legal Specialization
Websites & Blogs
Law Office of Ronald G. Mahurin
Legal Answers
104 Questions Answered

Q. my workers comp attorney is not doing there job and is letting the other party stall and/or put things off
A: So do you have a question, or are you just ranting?
Q. My wc claim was denied at day 92. Decision date was set for 8th and the response letter was dated 10th.
A: Ms. Wallace may be wrong. The 90 presumption only applies upon receipt of the DWC-1 form, at least says the Supreme Court. So if you did not file a DWC-1 claim form with the employer, there is no 90 day presumption. As for the anxiety claim, it's impossible to say without more information. Good luck.
Q. I won my workers comp case after 2 yrs. & need to pursue the 132a that was filed. My lawyer doesn't handle 132a.
A: The problem you have is that the real money in a 132a discrimination claim before the WCAB is an award of wage loss. In order to qualify for wage loss you must be willing and able to work. Therefore, any time you were off work due to your injury does not count. Otherwise, the maximum award is $10,000 plus $250 in costs. Then you must consider whether or not you can return to your old job with your permanent restrictions....
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of Ronald Mahurin
42500 Eureka Hill Road
Point Arena, CA 95468
Telephone: (707) 867-0201
Fax: (650) 573-5637