Free Consultation: (718) 221-2162Tap to Call This Lawyer
Roland Godfrey Ottley

Roland Godfrey Ottley

The Ottley Law Firm provides high quality legal services to all of our clients!
  • Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Immigration Law ...
  • New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law

The Ottley Law Firm, provides high quality legal services in all of our areas of concentration. Mr. Ottley is aggressive and passionate about the services that he provides. He regularly conducts research on the legal issues of his cases and always goes a bit extra to ensure that all issues are addressed to his satisfaction. Mr. Ottley listens to his clients and understands their situation and trys his best to address the case fully. He will file motions to obtain relief from the court and will appeal a court's decision when appropriate. We want our clients to feel like members of a team and so we keep them informed about their cases.

Practice Areas
    Medical Malpractice
    Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Immigration Law
    Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
    Landlord Tenant
    Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
    Consumer Law
    Lemon Law
    Uncontested Divorce
Additional Practice Area
  • Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
  • Free Consultation
    A consultation fee of $150 is required for certain areas of our practice.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
New York State Office of Court Administration
ID Number: 4194304
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
2nd Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
US Court of Federal Claims
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Physician Assistant
- Current
National physician Assistant Certification
The Ottley Law Firm, P.C.
- Current
Villanova University School of Law
J.D. (1996)
- present
Villanova University School of Law Logo
St. John's University
B.S. (1989) | Physician Assistant Studies
St. John's University Logo
Professional Associations
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Immigration Council
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New York State Bar  # 4194304
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
The Ottley Law Firm, PC
Legal Answers
17 Questions Answered
Q. IS the lawyer thought's right? Why the immigration will ask us for other docs if they're gonna deny it?
A: I am not sure why your lawyer gives that advise! Nevertheless, I would say that since your mother's status has now changed to that of a US citizen, your status changed to a potential derivative citizen, an immediate relative; a preference one category; or a preference three category. The origional applications would need to be upgraded/updated/filed. The details would have to be determined through a consult! Definately get a second opini
Q. Can my landlord require proof of my chronic illness to make a repair?
A: NYS Multiple Dwelling Law Sec. 50-a, regulates entrances: doors, locks and intercommunication systems in building that meet the criteria. Your landlord/ management company has to have the intercom and buzzer. The owner should explain why it is taking a year to fix the intercom and buzzer system. File a complaint with HPD to see if they comply within HPD's time to fix the buzzer system. This is a violation and the management company's audacity to request your personal health information in order to do what is imposed upon them by statute may be a form of harassment! Also, the management company is prevented by law from retaliating against you in any way for complaining to HPD.
Q. Hi there. My parents got offered PD, my question, can I apply for their green card once I obtain my citizenship?
A: By PD, I presume you mean prosecutorial discretion. If so, you should be able to file for your parents once you become a USC.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
New York, NY 11212
Telephone: (718) 221-2162
Monday: 12 PM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 12 PM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 12 PM - 6 PM
Thursday: 12 PM - 6 PM (Today)
Friday: 12 PM - 6 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed