Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Tickets
- Foreclosure Defense
- Free Consultation
Up to an hour for all matters.
- Credit Cards Accepted
Credit cards accepted for non-bankruptcy matters. Debit cards accepted for all representations. Cards can be accepted over the phone.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Solo attorney
- Robert Keyes Law, PLLC
- - Current
- Assistant City Attorney
- City of Ann Arbor
- Wayne State University Law School
- J.D. (2005) | Law
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- M.S.E. (1976) | Computer, Information, & Control Engineering
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.S. (1967) | Aeronautical & Astronautical Engineering
- Honors: Tau Beta Pi
- Michigan State Bar # 68856
52 Questions Answered
- Q. If a husband and wife own a home with no mortgage,and the husband alone by himself applies for bankruptcy
- A: Not enough information. What is the husband's income? What is the wife's income? Can he file a Ch. 13? Could save the house if so.
- Q. Is this a pro bono law firm? And if so is there an income limit to get help filing bankruptcy?
- A: No limit.
- Q. 100 percent net pay taken from bank account right after payday. What can I do?
- A: Sounds like a prime candidate for a bankruptcy.
- Q. I filed bankruptcy how long can I live in the home without making payments before being foreclosed upon
- A: Also depends on how far behind you are in payments.
- Q. How long do you have to wait to file bankruptcy again.
- A: In addition to what Mr. Phillips said I would add the additional information that it depends whether you are seeking a discharge or whether for example you need to stop a foreclosure or get back a seized vehicle. In those examples you can file a Ch. 13 right away and get caught up on the past due payments (arrearages in bankruptcy speak). You would not get a discharge of other debts but you can keep your house or car if you can get caught up on the overdue payments.
- Q. What types of property are you allowed to keep in Chapter 7 bankruptcy?
- A: Keep your vehicle if you are current or can get current quickly. Same on your house. Keep thousands of dollars of other stuff.
- Q. If I file bankruptcy paperwork in this state, will I be required to show up in court?
- A: If you can file in Michigan you will have to appear at one meeting minimum with a bankruptcy trustee. There is no court appearance in most cases.
- Q. Do you still have to pay secured creditors after filing for bankruptcy?
- A: Yes , if you want to keep the vehicle or real estate.
Contact & Map