Free Consultation: (734) 662-1590Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Robert Keyes

Robert Keyes Law, PLLC
  • Bankruptcy, Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets ...
  • Michigan
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Traffic Tickets
    Suspended License
    Foreclosure Defense
  • Free Consultation
    Up to an hour for all matters.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Credit cards accepted for non-bankruptcy matters. Debit cards accepted for all representations. Cards can be accepted over the phone.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Solo attorney
Robert Keyes Law, PLLC
- Current
Assistant City Attorney
City of Ann Arbor
Wayne State University Law School
J.D. (2005) | Law
Wayne State University Law School Logo
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
M.S.E. (1976) | Computer, Information, & Control Engineering
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Logo
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
B.S. (1967) | Aeronautical & Astronautical Engineering
Honors: Tau Beta Pi
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign Logo
Professional Associations
Michigan State Bar  # 68856
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
67 Questions Answered
Q. If I have equity in my house will I still be able to file chapt 7 bankruptcy?
A: Depends on a lot of question too numerous to list. Just a few:

Property valuation.

Which exemptions you can use.

Your age.

Your family size.

Your sources of income and amounts.

Your expenses.

Anticipated changes in income and expenses.
Q. Q: File bankruptcy or hire a debt company like freedomdebtrelief (d0t) com? Unemployed, 61yrs w/~54k in cc debt.
A: Several thoughts.

First - if your only income is Social Security and you have no significant assets you don't need to do anything since creditors cannot garnish SS income.

Second - I have never had a client who had anything good to say about debt consolidation companies.

I rarely file a bankruptcy for anyone on SS income alone. I usually tell them to change their phone number to avoid annoying calls.

You may be able to find an attorney who would send pointed emails to the creditors explaining your situation such that the creditors give up an go away.
Q. What to do when attorney was instructed to file paperwork and he did not, causing a dismissal of case ?
A: Assuming you are asking for yourself and not for somebody else you should contact your attorney and find out exactly what happened. Without more information there is no way to really answer the question.

In general, cases can usually be reopened and the paperwork filed. There may be other issues but bottom like in you need to contact your attorney.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Main Office
300 North Huron Street
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Cell: (734) 662-1590
Fax: (734) 786-0707