Free Consultation: (612) 701-7767Tap to Call This Lawyer
Robert Kane

Robert Kane

From the Lakes of Minnesota to the Beaches of Southern California
  • Business Law, Estate Planning, Divorce ...
  • California, Minnesota
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

General practitioner who provides exemplary consultation and representation for families and businesses in Minnesota and California. Unbundled legal services available.

Business attorney who provides superior legal leadership for established companies, as well as startup endeavors. Institutes policies and procedures to ensure compliance with municipal, state and federal laws and regulations. Clients include medical service providers, security firms, restaurants, local organizations (not for profit,) home improvement contractors, etc. I pride myself on understanding a business’ needs and responding promptly, efficiently and effectively.

Family attorney who provides compassionate legal guidance for empty nesters, as well as young couples. Focuses on ensuring a benevolent future for everyone involved regardless of the situational obstacles. I pride myself on understanding a family’s needs and responding promptly, efficiently and effectively.

Experience in additional areas of law, including residential, administrative and estate planning. Limited-scope representation is when you and a lawyer agree that the lawyer will handle some parts of your case and you will handle others. This is different from more traditional arrangements between lawyers and clients where a lawyer is hired to provide legal services on all aspects of a case, from start to finish. Limited-scope representation is sometimes called “unbundling."

Allowing me to evaluate, organize and draft your small claims or conciliation court complaint or response would be a wise investment. A well polished complaint or response will not only provide the judge a solid foundation to rule in your favor, but a detailed outline on which to base your oral argument.

Eagan Attorney Orange Lawyer Dakota County Lawyer Orange County Lawyer. Unbundled legal services attorney.

Practice Areas
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Municipal Law
    Gov & Administrative Law
    Administrative Law, Election Law, Government Contracts, Government Finance, Legislative & Government Affairs
    Criminal Law
    Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
  • Free Consultation
    An initial free consultation will be an opportunity to discuss the main facts of your situation and determine our possible options. It is an opportunity to determine whether a beneficial relationship is in the cards. The time of the consultation will vary.
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of California
ID Number: 242955
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Minnesota Supreme Court
ID Number: 0328765
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Associations
Minnesota State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
287 Questions Answered
Q. Do you have to pay more than one fee to respond to the same complaint in CA? For a quash and then an answer?
A: I haven't had to do this, but you won't pay two initial filing fees. The motion fee, however, would be separate.

Motion to Quash (cancel) Service of Summons:

This motion asks the court to say that the complaint was not served properly. Say why service was not right. Read Sections 413.10 – 418.10 of the Code of Civil Procedure about service carefully so you can explain to the court why you were not served properly. If you win this motion, the plaintiff will probably have to serve you again and then you will have 30 more days to file a response. If you lose, the court will give you a few days to file your response. You must create your own Motion on pleading paper.

https ://,you%20were%20not%20served%20properly. ... Read More
Q. Do I need a lawyer to file a civil lawsuit against my ex for breech of contract over property?
A: A problem you are facing is the value of the car. Ten thousand would be small claims court, up to $25,000 would be limited jurisdiction and over would be unlimited. You should determine what court makes the most sense. An attorney may help you negotiate with the other side more effectively (even before court) and advise you how to proceed. There are a few questions I would need to know before advising you.

Some attorneys would make it cost effective for you, some will not.
Q. can albert recover his two dogs that are impounded?
A: A pit bull that has bitten someone will not be adopted out. Although Albert may be a nice fellow, it doesn't seem he is able to care for or control his two pit bulls. I would expect animal control to have him on its radar. Did Albert have insurance to reimburse the victim of the pit bull bite?
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Offices of Robert D. Kane, Jr.
1795 Carnelian Lane
Eagan, MN 55122
Toll-Free: (612) 701-7767
Telephone: (612) 701-7767
Monday: 9:30 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 4:30 PM
Saturday: 10 AM - 1 PM (Today)
Sunday: Closed
Law Offices of Robert D. Kane, Jr.
Skyline Drive
City of Orange, CA 92867
Toll-Free: (612) 701-7767
Monday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 7:30 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: 10 AM - 12 PM (Today)
Sunday: Closed