For more than 25 years, I have represented Fortune 500 companies and individuals in commercial litigation and securities enforcement matters. I have also represented accounting firms and their partners and employees in government investigations and enforcement proceedings, malpractice, and state disciplinary proceedings.
As a partner in an ‘American Lawyer Top 100 firm’, I’ve represented clients in bet-the-company litigation matters involving breach of contract, business tort, antitrust, insurance coverage, and securities claims. At the PCAOB, I led investigations of Big 4, mid-size, and small accounting firms and their partners and employees.
My litigation experience includes:
• securities fraud class action in the gold mining industry involving a $5 billion mark to market loss;
• securities fraud class action in the pharmaceutical industry with over $1 billion stock drop;
• securities fraud class action in telecommunications industry involving capacity swaps and accounting
issues that was dismissed by the trial court;
• software licensing infringement that resulted in a defense verdict on all counts; and
• Winstar claim by bank that resulted in verdict and substantial recovery by bank against the federal
I have experience teaching trial advocacy, and I have spoken at professional conferences, training programs, and continuing legal education courses, such as the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA and the Virginia Society of CPAs.