Robert Chewning is an associate at McLaughlin & Nardi, LLC. He practices primarily in the areas of complex commercial, contractual, employment, civil litigation and bankruptcy issues. Robert’s dedication, passion, and determination have helped his clients, both individuals and businesses, in achieving their goals quickly and efficiently.
Robert joined the firm during his second year of law school and has worked with us since he graduated. Robert has handled all aspects of research to arbitrations and trials, including retaliation and whistleblower protections under the Conscientious Employee Protection Act, New Jersey’s Law Against Discrimination, disability harassment, and employee-independent contractor determinations under the Fair Labor Standards Act and New Jersey’s Wage and Hour Law. He has drafted briefs on employment related issues for many cases, including appeals to both the New Jersey Appellate Division, New Jersey Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Rob has handled many employment case issues.
Robert also works on various complex contractual disputes. Among the issues Robert has handled are contract disputes, consumer fraud violations, tortuous inference with contractual relationships and economic advantage claims, and promissory estoppel claims. Rob has also handled construction litigation and construction arbitration.
Robert is admitted to the bars of New Jersey and New York.
Prior to McLaughlin & Nardi, Robert worked at the Superior Court of New Jersey in Hudson County as a judicial intern for the Honorable Marybeth Rogers in both the Family Division and Special Civil Part. He worked alongside the judge in drafting and reviewing the judge’s orders and opinions and assisted mediators in court appointed mediation. He also worked on landlord/tenant law and mediation.
- Civil Rights
- Employment Law
- Business Law
- New Jersey
- New York
- McLaughlin & Nardi LLC
- Rutgers University - New Brunswick/Piscataway
- B.A. | Political Science; minor in History
- Rutgers School of Law-Newark
- State Bar of New York
- New Jersey State Bar
- Robert C. Chewning's Website Profile
- McLaughlin & Nardi, LLC Website
- New Jersey Lawyers Blog
- U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals Applies Overly Broad Analysis in Reaching Right Decision in Layoff Rights Dispute Under New Jersey Civil Service Law
14 June 2019
- Third Circuit Issues Important Decision on Non-Solicitation and Non-Compete Agreements Under New Jersey Employment Law
3 June 2019
- Appellate Division of New Jersey’s Superior Court Explains Standard for Evaluating Motions to Dismiss Claims of Age and Disability Discrimination Under the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination
31 May 2019
- Can One Owner of Jointly Held New Jersey Real Estate Compel the Sale of the Property?
29 May 2019
- Types of Entities Available Under New Jersey Business Law
23 May 2019
- New Jersey Supreme Court Issues Decision Clarifying the Rights of Tenured, Part-Time Teachers
21 May 2019
- McLaughlin & Nardi, LLC Attorneys Successfully Appeal to Reinstate an Employee’s Claims for Retaliation and Discrimination
16 May 2019
- Discipline of Non-Civil Service Police Officers Under New Jersey Employment Law
23 April 2019
- Third Circuit Decision Examines “Sex Plus” Discrimination
19 April 2019