Robert C. ChewningMcLaughlin & Nardi LLC
- Civil Rights, Employment Law, Bankruptcy ...
- New Jersey, New York
Robert Chewning is an associate at McLaughlin & Nardi, LLC. He practices primarily in the areas of complex commercial, contractual, employment, civil litigation and bankruptcy issues. Robert’s dedication, passion, and determination have helped his clients, both individuals and businesses, in achieving their goals quickly and efficiently.
Robert joined the firm during his second year of law school and has worked with us since he graduated. Robert has handled all aspects of research to arbitrations and trials, including retaliation and whistleblower protections under the Conscientious Employee Protection Act, New Jersey’s Law Against Discrimination, disability harassment, and employee-independent contractor determinations under the Fair Labor Standards Act and New Jersey’s Wage and Hour Law. He has drafted briefs on employment related issues for many cases, including appeals to both the New Jersey Appellate Division, New Jersey Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Rob has handled many employment case issues.
Robert also works on various complex contractual disputes. Among the issues Robert has handled are contract disputes, consumer fraud violations, tortuous inference with contractual relationships and economic advantage claims, and promissory estoppel claims. Rob has also handled construction litigation and construction arbitration.
Robert is admitted to the bars of New Jersey and New York.
Prior to McLaughlin & Nardi, Robert worked at the Superior Court of New Jersey in Hudson County as a judicial intern for the Honorable Marybeth Rogers in both the Family Division and Special Civil Part. He worked alongside the judge in drafting and reviewing the judge’s orders and opinions and assisted mediators in court appointed mediation. He also worked on landlord/tenant law and mediation.
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- New Jersey
- New York
- McLaughlin & Nardi LLC
- Rutgers University - New Brunswick/Piscataway
- B.A. | Political Science; minor in History
- Rutgers School of Law-Newark
- State Bar of New York
- New Jersey State Bar
- Robert C. Chewning's Website Profile
- McLaughlin & Nardi, LLC Website
- New Jersey Lawyers Blog