Free Consultation: (973) 379-9292Tap to Call This Lawyer
Richard Diamond

Richard Diamond

Free Initial Divorce & Post Divorce Consultation
  • Divorce, Family Law, Domestic Violence ...
  • Florida, New Jersey
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Richard Diamond has been practicing Family Law Litigation, Mediation & Arbitration work in New Jersey for the past 34 years and is a Certified Family Law Trial Attorney by the N.J. Supreme Court; Accredited New Jersey Family Law Mediator, authorized by the NJ Supreme Court to handle family law mediation matters with an active domestic violence restraining order in place and a Family Law Arbitrator.
Mr Diamond is also a Family Law Economic Mediator in Union, Essex, Morris, Somerset, Middlesex and Monmouth Counties.
Mr Diamond is also a member of the Essex, Union and Somerset County's Family Law Early Settlement Panel Program (ESP); a member of Who's Who in American Law; listed in Best Lawyers in America and a recipient of the Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award for Family Law accomplishments.
Diamond & Diamond limits is practice to divorce, post divorce matters, child custody disputes, domestic violence representation, child support & alimony claims, business valuations in divorce, and prenuptial agreement drafting & review.
The firm also actively represents litigants in the NJ Family Court system in Somerset, Morris, Union, Essex, Middlesex, Passaic, Bergen, Monmouth, & Ocean Counties and regularly appears before the family part judges in each of those counties.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • Arbitration & Mediation
  • Appeals & Appellate
Additional Practice Area
  • Certified Attorneys
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
- Current
Seton Hall University School of Law
J.D. (1985) | Law
Seton Hall University School of Law Logo
Rutgers University - Newark
B.A. (1981) | Economics / Business Administration
Honors: Dual Degree
Rutgers University - Newark Logo
2019 Award for New Jersey Family Law Attorneys
Lawyers of Distinction
Lifetime Charter Member
Rue Ratings Best Attorneys of America
10 Best Family Law Firms in New Jersey
American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
N.J. Best Lawyers for Families
New Jersey Family Magazine
Certified Matrimonial Trial Lawyer by the NJ Supreme Court
NJ State Bar Association
Member of Who's Who in American Law 2000 - present
Who's Who in American Law
Professional Associations
New Jersey State Bar - Family Law Section
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Essex County Family Law Early Settlement Panelist
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Somerset County Family Law Early Settlement Panelist
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Union County Family Law Early Settlement Panelist
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Handling Divorce Cases from Start to Finish , Continuing legal Education Seminar , NJ
National Business Institute
On an annual basis, Mr Diamond has participated in legal seminars as an author and lecturer on various family law topics involving Domestic Violence matters, Child Custody proceedings, Divorce, & Valuation of Businesses in Divorce matters
Accredited Family Law Economic Mediator with Domestic Violence Restraining Orders in Place
New Jersey State Bar
New Jersey Supreme Court
Accredited Family Law Mediator
New Jersey Superior Court System
Websites & Blogs
Firm's Facebook Page
Instagram page
Legal Answers
107 Questions Answered

Q. Hi,i do live here in new question is my wife wants to move out our it ok to bring my son.
A: Schedule a consultation with a certified matrimonial ( divorce) trial lawyer before you agree to anything. This is too important an issue to simply agree upon without understanding the legal significance of your actions. Too often, we family law specialists hear stories about someone getting bad advice from a general practitioner and then trying to figure out how to undo the damage caused by the decision made. If you would like to schedule a consultation with one of the partners in Diamond & Diamond to discuss your current setting, call Angela at 973-379-9292 to arrange it. And yes, Mr Diamond is a certified matrimonial trial lawyer by the New Jersey Supreme Court.
Q. My boyfriend is divorced for 11 years in January he has been paying alimony for 10 years he wants to retire
A: Its impossible for any family law attorney to give you competent advice based on the limited information supplied. My suggestion is that you and he meet with a family law attorney ( not a general practitioner who handles family law matters) to discuss it and to review the change in circumstance details. For purposes of a meeting, be prepared to bring a copy of the divorce agreement and everything he has as to his total compensation setting at the time of the divorce ( including tax returns, W-2's, and any writings between counsel as to his income setting), every document he has as to his former wifes income setting from the divorce, and his income setting currently and why that setting changed and then a lawyer can advise on how to go forward with an application for modification.
Q. Lawyer drafted a trust, will and POA document. Less than two years later POA/Trustee is being taken to court by benefici
A: While this matter seems like a "family law" matter, it is actually an estate law matter and you need to talk with an estate law specialist who handles estate litigation. This is not the type of matter that you go to a general practitioner who advertises that he also handles estate claims. Too often, people go to general practitioners, thinking that they will save money or that every lawyer can handle every type of claim with the same level of knowledge. Wrong! If you had a brain tumor, would you go to a general doctor, whose website says that he can handle cancer issues or would you go to a specialist - since you dont want to take chances. Its the same here - you need a consultation with a certified estate law attorney who is experienced with estate litigation.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Diamond & Diamond P.A.
225 Millburn Avenue
Suite 208
Millburn, NJ 07041
Telephone: (973) 379-9292
Fax: (973) 379-9210
Monday: 8:30 AM - 8 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 8 PM (Today)
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 8 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 8 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: 10 AM - 4 PM
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Free Initial Divorce & Post Divorce Consultation