With the waxing and waning economy over the years, Richard has honed his experience in each economic climate. When the economy is down, he has represented lenders in more commercial special asset work, including collection, work out, collateral liquidation, and bankruptcy. When the economy is up, Richard spends more of his time handling commercial loan closings, from large residential development tracts to commercial office and trade buildings, as well as various forms of personal property collateral. Richard’s wealth of experience with special asset work has taught him the importance of proper loan documentation to protect a lender’s interests. His experience in this area includes assisting several lenders in the writing of their entire loan document package.
In addition to being licensed in Virginia, Richard has also had a North Carolina license for almost twenty years as well. He has appeared in both Federal and State courts there and has handled commercial loan closings on the Outer Banks and other North Carolina locales. Having both Virginia and North Carolina licenses has aided his clients in a variety of ways, such as allowing collection from debtors seeking to hide assets in North Carolina or enabling lenders and business owners to expand their presence from Virginia into North Carolina.
- Business Law
- Creditors' Rights
- Commercial Transactions
- Credit Cards Accepted
- North Carolina
- Parks Zeigler, PLLC
- - Current
- Wolcott Rivers Gates
- Commercial workout, foreclosure, and bankruptcy. Commercial loan closings.
- University of Virginia School of Law
- J.D. (1988) | Law
- University of Mary Washington
- B.S. (1985) | Political Science, Economics
- Legal Elite
- Virginia Business
- North Carolina State Bar
- Virginia State Bar # 29017
- Parks Zeigler, PLLC – Attorneys At Law
- Parks Zeigler, PLLC – Attorneys At Law Blog
- What happens to credit card debt after you die?
23 September 2019
- Lateral Phishing: Malevolent Emails From Trusted Accounts
17 September 2019
- Are You Considering Your Digital Assets in the Estate Planning Process?
9 September 2019
- Tips on how to spot and avoid fake websites
2 September 2019
- Which type of business loan is best for you?
22 August 2019
- Is Sharing On Social Media Dangerous? Not Necessarily, But Always Think Twice Before Posting.
16 August 2019
- Increased Push to Use Alternative Credit Data Presents New Risks and New Opportunities
12 August 2019
- Chesapeake introduces new Hope Cards to assist abuse victims
6 August 2019
- LLC vs Sole Proprietorship: Which one is best for you?
29 July 2019