Rebecca Thomas has been a civil litigation attorney for over 15 years. She began her career as a judicial law clerk for an esteemed judge in the Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas. In this clerkship, she honed her skills in legal research and writing, and worked closely with the judge in overseeing jury selection, ruling on motions, and drafting judicial opinions.
Upon completion of her clerkship, Attorney Thomas was an insurance defense attorney for approximately 8 years. She gained invaluable experience in the practice areas of wrongful death, premises liability, products liability, dog bite liability, professional liability, and motor vehicle liability. She also became an expert in valuing cases for settlement and or verdicts potential. By working closely with the insurance adjusters, Attorney Thomas gained insight into how insurance companies value claims, set reserves, and enter settlement negotiations. During this time, Attorney Thomas also worked directly with corporate clients, specifically mental health/mental retardation facilities and day care centers, to investigate serious incidents and accidents, which exposed the client to potential litigation. She also devised or revised corporate internal policies and procedures to implement proper employee training and reporting of serious incidents to minimize liability exposure.
Attorney Thomas then began representing injured parties in personal injury, employment, worker's compensation, and unemployment cases. She handled these cases from the inception through settlement or trial. During this time she really became an expert negotiator and litigator. After approximately 3 years representing injured parties in various types of claims, Attorney Thomas focused her practice on representing injured parties in medical malpractice.
Given her background, Attorney Thomas has a unique perspective as she has handled cases for both sides and also understands the inner-workings of the court
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Contingent Fees
I only get paid if I win your case!
- New Jersey
- 3rd Circuit
- Temple University
- J.D. (2002)
- Ursinus College
- B.A. | Economics & Business Administration
- Litigator of the Year
- American Institute of Trial Lawyers
- Rising Star in Massachusetts
- Super Lawyers
- Attorney Thomas has received this award from 2013-2017.
- Rising Star in Pennsylvania
- Super Lawyers
- Attorney Thomas has received this award from 2010 - 2014.
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association
- Boston Business Women
- Lawyers of Distinction
- Thomas & Wickenheiser Blog
- When Your Physician Won’t Refer
19 February 2020
- When Medical Bias Impacts the Young
5 February 2020
- Who Runs Your Hospital? | MetroWest Medical Center Closing
31 January 2020
- Is Your Loved One Safe in the Nursing Home?
23 January 2020
- The Hidden Risks of Mail Order Pharmacies
9 January 2020
- How to Read a Prescription Label
2 January 2020
- Women, Race, and Pregnancy-Related Deaths | Racial Bias | Malpractice
17 December 2019
- Why Refer? Strategies for Attorneys.
11 December 2019
- Arbitration Rules for Nursing Homes – What You Need to Know
15 November 2019