Raised in Jacksonville, Mr. Forbess attended Bishop Kenny High School. He went on to earn his Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from the University of North Florida. Mr. Forbess then earned his Juris Doctorate from Florida Coastal School of Law.
After passing the Bar Exam Mr. Forbess was sworn in as an Assistant State Attorney in the 4th Judicial Circuit. Mr. Forbess was assigned to the Clay County office where he handled Juvenile cases. The cases included misdemeanors and felonies. Mr. Forbess was soon transferred to County Court where he handled ordinance violations, and any other misdemeanor crime including DUI and Domestic Battery. Mr. Forbess spent 15 months in the County Court position before being promoted to Circuit Court. In Circuit Court Mr. Forbess handled felony cases including theft, drug possessions, drug sales, drug traffickings, burglaries, up to attempted murder charges. While in Clay County Mr. Forbess worked very closely with the Clay County Sheriff’s Office Organized Crime Unit. In October 2011, Mr. Forbess received a Certificate of Appreciation from Sheriff Beseler for assisting the Clay County Sheriff’s Organized Crime Unit in an investigation conducted in August 2011.
Mr. Forbess was transferred back to the Duval Office to take a position in Repeat Offender Court. “ROC” court is a division that handles Habitual Felony Offenders, Prison Release Re Offenders, Habitual Violent Felony Offenders, and Career Criminal Offenders. After a year and a half Mr. Forbess was transferred to the Special Prosecution Unit where his work focused on Narcotics and Gang Prosecutions working with local and federal agencies. Mr. Forbess then transferred to the Homicide Major Crimes Unit handling firearms shootings and homicides. At the conclusion of 2015, Mr. Forbess received the Homicide Prosecutor of the Year Award from the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office.
After over six years at the State Attorney’s Office, Mr. Forbess joined the Forbess Law Firm.
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Juvenile Law
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
- The Forbess Law Firm, P. A.
- - Current
- Florida Coastal School of Law
- University of North Florida
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Homicide Prosecutor of the Year Award
- Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office
- Certificate of Appreciation from Sheriff Beseler
- Clay County Sheriff’s Organized Crime Unit
- Florida Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Clay County Bar Association
- Raymond Forbess Jr.'s Website Profile
- The Forbess Law Firm, P. A. Website
- Jacksonville Criminal Attorney Blog
- Florida Housewife Arrested For Burglary and Stealing Husband’s Firearms
25 June 2019
- Organized Scheme of Continued Stealing Brings Much More Than Just Theft Charges
24 June 2019
- NINE MEN ARRESTED FOR TRAVELING TO MEET A MINOR FOR SEX
25 April 2019
- IN A SEASON FOR GIVING, MANY HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR TAKING, DEFRAUDING AND PLAIN OLD STEALING
11 December 2018
- 17 MEN ARRESTED FOR ATTEMPTING TO HAVE SEX WITH MINORS
5 September 2018
- LOCAL CHURCH’S BIBLE INSTRUCTOR ARRESTED ON SEX WITH MINOR ALLEGATIONS
8 August 2018
- GETTING ARRESTED FOR BEING UNSMART ON A SMART PHONE
22 January 2018
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTH FLORIDA STUDENT ARRESTED ON CAMPUS FOR GUN AND DRUG CHARGES
26 October 2017
- DRYWALL POWDER LEFT FLORIDA MAN IN JAIL 90 DAYS
27 June 2017