Free Consultation: (309) 797-8000Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ray Choudhry

Ray Choudhry

Mid America Law Offices, Ltd.
  • Probate, Divorce, Family Law...
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Ray recieved his J.D. at Northwestern University in 1974 and M.B.A. at Northwestern University in 1972 with a B.A. at California State, L.A. in 1968. He is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and Rock Island County Bar Association.

Public Administrator of Rock Island County

Public Guardian of Rock Island County

HUD Foreclosure Commissioner

Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Bankruptcy
  • Social Security Disability
  • Real Estate Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Criminal Law
  • Elder Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Mid America Law Offices, Ltd.
- Current
General Counsel
Rock Island County Board Republican Minority Caucus
- Current
General Counsel
Rock Island County Republican Central Committee
- Current
Foreclosure Commissioner
- Current
Rock Island County Public Administrator
Rock Island County, Illinois
Rock Island County Public Guardian
Rock Island County, Illinois
Northwestern University School of Law
Northwestern University
California State University - Los Angeles
Professional Associations
Illinois State Bar Association
- Current
Rock Island County Bar Association
- Current
Illinois State Bar Association
Member, Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee
American Legal Clinic Associaition
Activities: This Association was the genesis for the many changes that have occurred in the way law is practiced. It existed between 1976-1988. The first President was Van O'Steen of Bates & O'Steen v. State Bar of Arizona. This case held that business speech was protected and bar associations could not prevent lawyer advertising.
9.2 Superb
AVVO Rating
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
886 Questions Answered

Q. I have full custody of two children and do not receive support, would this effect what I have to pay on my third child?
A: Click on the 4th link from the top on this page. It is an Illinois Child Support Estimator. It takes into account different children from different relationships.
Q. What rights do I have to accounts that were accrued during my six year marriage if my name isn't on anything.
A: First, in the event of a divorce, you will have a right to see all of this financial information. In Illinois, he and you will have to file financial affidavits which list and describe all assets and liabilities. In addition, you have a right to discovery which can include getting information directly from the financial institutions and having him answer interrogatories and produce documents. Also, he can be deposed. The usual rule is that everything accumulated during the marriage, including retirement accounts, is divided 50/50. In addition, depending on a number of factors, the court can award maintenance of a certain amount for a certain period of time. The problem with the house is that because he brought it into the marriage it remained his separate property. You could argue that you contributed to it's increase in value and should get a part of it. You never know where this kind of an argument will go because different judges may rule on it differently.
Q. Can I sue for lost wages for providing primary care for a child that is not mine, biologically or legally?
A: To get wages, you have to be employed by someone with an agreed wage and conditions of employment.
Q. I was under-age when I got pregnant, I am 18 now, if I took the father to court for child support, what would happen?
A: While you were underage, your parents had to act on your behalf. Now you can file court proceedings yourself. It's called a Parentage Petition. The judge will decide on a parenting plan and amount of child support. There may a child support recovery office close to where you live. They are supposed to help people recover child support free of charge.
Q. My ex and I are both on the title to a home - he alone is on the mortgage. Home is in foreclosure. Am I responsible?
A: Take a look at the foreclosure complaint that was attached to the summons. Does it ask for a personal deficiency against you.
Q. My husbands ex will not allow his visitation per the court order. We live out of state and child not allowed in our car.
A: What does the parenting plan say. If she is in violation, then a contempt case can be filed. He can also, file a petition to amend the parenting plan to give the extended week or 2 weeks visits because of the distance. On this page, click the parenting plan to see what it looks like:
Q. After divorce, my ex still owns a portion of the house. Now, I'm selling. Do I get all the principal I paid back?
A: Read the divorce papers. He gets what they say he gets. Don't forget a person living in the house and making payments is also living in the other persons home rent free.
Q. Can I buy unused property behind my home?
A: Talk to an experienced real estate attorney. You may have the right to go to court and have the land declared as belonging to your property. If not, the State of Illinois will be happy to sell it to you.
Q. is will prior to marriage still valid if not changed afterwards?
A: Under Illinois Law, a widow or widower has rights. These include one-third of the estate no matter what the will said. One of the reasons to enter into a pre-nuptial agreement if for the parties to give up that right. In addition, there is a right to a spouse's award. At the present time it is $20,000.00. There are various other wrinkles.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Mid America Law Offices, Ltd.
1515 5th Ave #430
Moline, IL 61265
Telephone: (309) 797-8000