Raised on a family cattle ranch along the Bear River in southeast Idaho, Randy’s strong ethic for hard work and responsibility has translated into success as an attorney. He has long-held Martindale-Hubbell’s AV rating, awarded to attorneys whose peers rank their ethical standards and legal ability at the highest level. With more than three decades of experience, a deep knowledge of his core practice areas, and trust from the legal community, Randy has a proven ability to effectively and efficiently resolve legal problems that confront his clients.
Between ranching, fishing and hunting, Randy developed an early appreciation for natural resources. His legal career followed the same path, focusing on real estate and natural resource transactions and development. He now advises some of eastern Idaho’s largest irrigation and agriculture and mining enterprises, including Monsanto Company, Hess Pumice Products, Inc, Idaho Ground Water Appropriators, Aberdeen-Springfield Canal Company, Gehring Agri-Business, and Koompin Farms.
Randy is lead counsel in the ongoing monumental water disputes between surface and ground water users across southern Idaho, representing several ground water districts made up of businesses, municipalities, and farmers that irrigate nearly a million acres. His results-oriented approach to solving legal problems, and his ability to sort through complex legal issues and focus on the things that matter, has enabled ground water users to avoid curtailment despite multiple threats, ongoing litigation, and the worst drought in recorded Idaho history.
Randy also enjoys the personal connections that are built through strategic business and estate planning. Over the years he has organized businesses and prepared estate and succession plans for hundreds of farmers, ranchers, small businessmen and families. He understands that the maxim “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” is especially germane to these events.
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate Law
- Free Consultation
- 6th Circuit
- All Idaho Federal Courts
- English: Spoken, Written
- Racine Olson
- - Current
- University of Idaho College of Law
- Utah State University
- Professionalism Award
- Idaho State Bar
- AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated
- Super Lawyer
- Super Lawyers
- Idaho State Bar
- Idaho Fish & Game Commission
- Activities: Chairman 2012-2013
- Idaho Fish & Game
- Surface Water Use v. Ground Water Use: The Case in Idaho, Idaho Water Law 2009 Conference
- The Complexities of State Management of Wildlife Under Federal Environmental Laws, Conference of Western Attorneys General
- Eastern Snake Plain Water Wars and Their Impact on Idaho Cities, Association of Idaho Cities Annual Meeting
- Randall C. Budge's Website Profile
- Racine Olson Website
- Idaho Law Blog
- ESTATE PLANNING: WHAT WE CAN LEARN FROM BURT REYNOLDS
1 July 2019
- ESTATE PLANNING: WHAT WE CAN LEARN FROM GLORIA VANDERBILT
29 June 2019
- WHAT DOES A PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE DO?
19 June 2019
- GUARDIANSHIPS AND YOUR POWER OF ATTORNEY
7 June 2019
- ESTATE PLANNING LESSONS LEARNED FROM ARETHA FRANKLIN
23 May 2019
- AM I BOUND BY THE CONTRACT I SIGNED?
21 May 2019
- FAMILY FIGHTING TO MAKE END OF LIFE DECISION FOR JOHN SINGELTON
21 May 2019
- WHY YOU MIGHT WRITE SOMEONE OUT OF YOUR WILL
15 May 2019
- WHAT WE CAN LEARN FROM THE RAPPER NIPSEY HUSSLE
10 May 2019