Free Consultation: (844) 385-9611Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ramon  Olivencia

Ramon Olivencia

Online Attorney: Probate (Estate Law), Vital Records, Real Estate & Notary Law
  • Probate, Real Estate Law, Estate Planning
  • New York, Puerto Rico
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

As a fully bilingual lawyer and notary public, I specialize in estate law and real estate. My services cater to clients located in Puerto Rico and those from the diaspora abroad. With a wealth of experience working with the PR State Court of Appeals and the PR Department of Justice, I am licensed in PR and NY. I encourage all potential clients to visit our WEBSITE and fill out our online form to evaluate their case, as it is the only way to work together. All inquiries will be answered within 1-3 business days.

Practice Areas
    Probate Administration
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Easements, Mortgages, Residential Real Estate
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Wills
Additional Practice Area
  • Notary Public
  • Free Consultation
    Free consultations ONLINE ONLY!
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    We accept credit cards, Zelle, Cash App, PayPal, Venmo, ATH Móvil, direct deposit, wire transfers, etc.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
New York State Office of Court Administration
ID Number: 4992368
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Puerto Rico
Colegio de Abogados y Abogadas de Puerto Rico
ID Number: 14068
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
1st Circuit
ID Number: 87407
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Supreme Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
US District Court for the District of PR
ID Number: 220502
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Attorney-at-Law / Notary Public
Abogado Notario Online
- Current
Contract attorney
Epiq (New York, NY)
Contract attorney
Update Legal (New York, NY)
Attorney – Office of Legal Counsel
Puerto Rico Department of Justice
Drafted legal opinions for the Attorney General in response to requests from the various agencies within the Executive Branch.
Attorney – Office of Civil Litigation
Puerto Rico Department of Justice
Represented the public sector on multiple judicial and administrative civil cases at both the state and federal court levels.
Law Clerk
State Court of Appeals
University of Massachusetts - Boston
M.S. | Public Administration
University of Massachusetts - Boston Logo
University of Massachusetts - Amherst
B.A. | Political Science
University of Massachusetts - Amherst Logo
University of Puerto Rico - Río Piedras
General studies.
Placeholder image for education.
Interamerican University of Puerto Rico School of Law
J.D. (2001) | Law
Interamerican University of Puerto Rico School of Law Logo
Professional Associations
American Bar Association  # 00873955
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Puerto Rico Bar Association  # 15234
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Puerto Rico Judicial Branch  # 14068
Certified Attorney
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Latino Politics in Massachusetts
Routledge Press
Websites & Blogs
Abogado Notario Online
Legal Answers
52 Questions Answered
Q. My mom owns a home in puerto rico damaged by Hurricane Maria. She wants to transfer deed to me. How and where do I start
A: If your mother wants to transfer her house to you, she must sign a "donation" deed via an attorney, which both parties must sign. If one or the two of you cannot be present for the signing, then a Power of Attorney could be prepared. As part of the requirements for a donation, the attorney will first have to obtain a waiver from the Puerto Rico Treasury Department ("Departamento de Hacienda"), to make sure that there are no tax debts owed. If, on the other hand, the transfer involves a monetary exchange, that is, if she were to sell you the property, then a "sales" deed will have to be prepared instead.
Q. Do I need an attorney to file a Declaration of Heirs in Puerto Rico?
A: Due to the particularities and legal requirements needed for a Declaration of Heirs in Puerto Rico, an attorney is highly recommended. That way, you can rest assured that the petition is filed correctly before the courts. Any errors could negatively affect the rest of the documents that are typically filed afterward, such as the filings before the Puerto Rico Department of Treasury and, if applicable, the Property Registry. Those likely mistakes would then cost you additional money and time to fix them.
Q. Law in Puerto Rico. Where can I get a copy of my deed . I cannot locate my original? My property is in Boqueron, Puerto
A: Getting a copy of your deed from a deceased attorney in Puerto Rico is complicated. First, you must contact the district or region on the island where the attorney used to practice, called the Notarial Archive ("Archivo Notarial"). Then, after several days of searching for the deed, they will tell you the government fees to be paid, which will vary depending on the number of pages of the document. These fees must be brought in or sent after purchasing them at a local bank, e.g., Banco Popular. Finally, you have to send or deliver them, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, so you can get it back by regular mail unless you decide to go in personally. As you can see, it is a pretty tedious process, particularly for a non-attorney. Therefore, if you prefer, you can go to our website, as listed on my profile, and order that document from us directly so that you don´t have to do all the legwork. ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Abogado Notario Online
602 Calle San Jose
San Juan, PR 00909
Toll-Free: (844) 385-9611
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed (Today)
Notice: Please visit our WEBSITE first! Online service 24/7.