Free Consultation: (972) 677-3604Tap to Call This Lawyer
Rafee'a S. Majeed

Rafee'a S. Majeed

Law Office of R.S. Majeed
  • Family Law, Criminal Law
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Attorney Rafee’a S. Majeed is the Owner and Managing Attorney of The Law Office of R.S. Majeed. I am a Texas licensed Family Law attorney representing clients in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I have been representing clients in this area for over 5 years, primarily handling divorces (contested and uncontested), child custody cases, child support cases, and modifications and enforcements of all family law cases.

One of my most key characteristics enabling me to be a successful attorney is adaptability. Because the laws are constantly changing, each and every case brings a unique set of challenges and issues and requires the ability to quickly adapt to keep up with the changes.

I have had success in obtaining desired results for my clients, but I also believe in having tough conversations with clients to ensure that their expectations are aligned with what the law will allow. I have a continuous dialogue with clients to discuss any changes in their situation as their case progresses and make necessary adjustments to their case as needed, if necessary.

I am proud to be a Texas lawyer. I work hard to provide and improve the level of service and representation given my clients.

Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Restraining Orders
    Criminal Law
    Drug Crimes, Expungement, Gun Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
  • Free Consultation
    We offer a free 15-minute consultation on all criminal law cases. In this consultation, the attorney will discuss any pending criminal charges and will provide information on obtaining representation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Family Law Cases - we charge a $300.00 consultation fee for up to an hour consultation. In this consultation, you and the attorney will have a chance to discuss your current situation and what type of legal representation is needed. This is an opportunity for you to have a candid conversation with the attorney about why you are seeking legal representation and to obtain information about the legal process and what to expect during the process. Our hope is that you leave the meeting with a better understanding of the process on which you are about to embark. If a prospective client chooses to retain our office to represent them within 2 weeks, we will credit the consultation fee to any retainer quoted.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Texas
ID Number: 24094443
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Law Office of R.S. Majeed
- Current
• Caseload includes approximately 95% Family Law cases and 5% Criminal Law cases. • Balance and integrate both aspects of law and business in the firm. • Consult with clients to engage employment of their legal matters. • Litigate and progress client's cases from inception until their termination. • Assist clients in the enforcement of their final judgments. • Assess the value of legal processes and enhancements with innovative research of case law. • Provide timely and effective resolution to legal issues. • Represent clients in Dallas, Denton, Tarrant and Collin counties.
Intake Attorney
Legal Aid of Northwest Texas (LANWT)
Provided legal information, legal guidance and legal resources to • Provided legal information, legal guidance and legal resources to assist callers with issues related to child custody, child support, and possession & access issues. •Successfully guided callers through the litigation process of a case and provided information on how to achieve a favorable outcome of their specific case. •Initiated intake application and provide legal advice for clients seeking legal representation from Legal Aid of Northwest Texas (LANWT) in a range of legal areas, including, but not limited to, Family Law, Employment Law, Guardianship/Probate, Bankruptcy, Housing, Expungements/Nondisclosures and Veterans services. •Advised callers of the law particular to their case and provided resources to assist callers in self representation while they await a decision on their application from LANWT.
Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law
J.D. (2007) | Law
Placeholder image for education.
University of Arkansas - Fayetteville
B.S. (1998) | Accounting
University of Arkansas - Fayetteville Logo
Professional Associations
American Bar Assocation
Member Attorney
- Current
Activities: Family Law Section member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Dallas Bar Association
Member Attorney
- Current
Activities: Family Law Section member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Texas  # 24094443
- Current
Activities: Family Law Section member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
The Law Office of R.S. Majeed
Legal Answers
94 Questions Answered
Q. Can my ex-spouse take away my Spring Break possession by taking away Spring Break from my child? Thank you
A: If your child was not being homeschooled at the time your Final Decree was rendered, but is now being homeschooled, this could be a material and substantial change in the circumstances of the parties and could warrant a modification of the final decree. Especially if the possibility of him being homeschooled wasn't considered at the time of your divorce.

If you already know that it's a possibility that Mother could decide that your child will not have a Spring Break because she's now homeschooling him, you should seek to start the process of getting your court order modified to get this issue addressed and resolved prior to Spring Break 2024.

You should schedule a consultation with a family attorney to discuss in more detail the Spring Break issue, and any additional issues that have come up since your divorce. There may be other provisions in your decree that needs to be modified as well.

I hope this information helps. Good luck to you!
... Read More
Q. I have legal custody of my son who is 17 years old and he recently got his girlfriend pregnant. what shall I do?
A: If Father is court ordered to pay child support, he continues to pay child support until your son reaches age 18 or graduates (or is no longer attending) high school, whichever occurs later.

With your son being 17 years old, there is not a real need to get in family court to get counseling. It's likely that the court will not order counseling on the information that you've provided. You should seek to obtain counseling with your son without court intervention.

If you'd like, you can schedule a consultation with a family law attorney in your area.

I hope this information helps. Good luck to you and your son.
Q. What is an “amended pleading”? When can it be filed?
A: A Petition for a Judgment Nunc Pro Tunc is a court document that is filed when a party notices that there was a clerical error in the order that was signed. The party wants to get an order signed that corrects the clerical error. This filing cannot go back and change (or modify) a material issue in the final order. A different petition would have to be filed to modify the final order.

When you e-file a document, the party uses an e-file code that is closest to the action the party is trying to take. The e-file system doesn't have a code for each and every petition that can be filed. Sometimes, you can use a code that has the same filing fee as the document you are filing.

Therefore, in your case, it doesn't sound like your ex is trying to go back and modify the final decree, but just to correct a clerical error in the final decree. The Petition for a Judgment Nunc Pro Tunc that you were served with should state what clerical error your ex is trying to fix.

The "amended pleading" filing code is likely the closest code to the Judgment Nunc Pro Tunc. It's likely that in your county, the filing fee for an amended pleading and a Petition for Judgment Nunc Pro Tunc is the same, so the "amended pleading" filing code was used.

I hope this information helps. Good luck.
... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of R.S. Majeed
14850 Montfort Drive
Suite 280
Dallas, TX 75254
Telephone: (972) 677-3604
Fax: (469) 249-9092
Monday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM (Today)
Thursday: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 3 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed