Pratt H. Davis is an experienced trial and arbitration counsel who concentrates his practice in the areas of securities and trust litigation/arbitration, complex commercial litigation and injury claims. Mr. Davis has successfully represented individual and business clients in multi-million dollar securities cases. He has served as a court appointed receiver as well as counsel for the receiver in high-dollar complex cases brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission. Mr. Davis’ arbitration experience also includes the representation of brokers and investment advisers in employment-related disputes and representing brokerage firms in interpleader actions.
Mr. Davis’ practice also includes the representation of both private and public companies in complex multi-party high stakes commercial litigation in both federal and state courts.
Since 2009, Mr. Davis has successfully assisted clients in recovering over $8 million in damages including the recovery of $1 million or more on three separate occasions.
During the past 20 years, Mr. Davis’s trial experience also included the representation of individuals and families in catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases. As an avid motorcycle rider, Mr. Davis also continues to represent those injured in motorcycle collisions as well as individuals catastrophically injured in other types of collisions.
Mr. Davis and his previous firm were also involved in representing such high-profile clients as the estates of Frank Sinatra, Janis Joplin, John Lennon and Jimi Hendrix.
Mr. Davis was previously recognized in 2006 by his peers as a Super Lawyer “Georgia Rising Star.” He is admitted to practice in all Georgia Trial and Appellate Courts, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Personal Injury
- Securities Law
- 11th Circuit
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Davis Litigation & Arbitration, LLC.
- - Current
- Of Counsel
- Parker MacIntyre
- - Current
- Wagner, Johnston & Rosenthal, P.C.
- Page Perry, LLC
- Davis Litigation Group, LLC
- Crain & Davis, LLC
- The University of Georgia School of Law
- University System of Georgia - University of Georgia
- B.A. | Finance
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Georgia Rising Star
- Super Lawyer
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Pratt H. Davis' Website Profile
- Parker MacIntyre - RIA Compliance Website
- RIA Compliance Blog
- Supreme Court Refuses to Consider Unsuccessful Pay-To-Play Challenge
17 January 2020
- Text and Chat Messages Key in Hiding Forex Traders Bid-Rigging Scheme
13 January 2020
- SEC Proxy Guidance Questioned by Investor Groups
26 December 2019
- SEC Issues Clarifying Guidance on New Form CRS
5 December 2019
- Supreme Court and Congress Weigh-in on Future of SEC Disgorgement
25 November 2019
- RIAs Mull SEC’s Proposed Changes to Cash Solicitation Rule
15 November 2019
- SEC Releases Proposal to Revamp RIA Advertising and Solicitation Rules
7 November 2019
- South Carolina Adopts New Private Fund Adviser Exemption
30 October 2019
- SEC Wins Judgment Against RIA and Permanently Bars its Principal for “Cherry-Picking” Scheme
17 October 2019
- Small Business Investment Lawyers
- SEC Issues “Concept Release” Seeking Public Comment on Potential Overhaul of Commission’s Securities Registration Exemptions
8 August 2019
- SEC Adopts Temporary Rules to Extend Filing Deadlines in Response to Hurricane Michael
19 October 2018
- Do U.S. Securities Laws Apply to Your Transaction?
27 August 2018
- An SEC Commissioner Hears and Heeds the Call to Rationalize the Private Placement Broker (“Finder”) Industry
7 March 2018
- South Dakota Proposes Rules Governing Federal Regulation Crowdfunding and Regulation A Notice Filings
21 November 2017
- Iowa Adopts Amendments Implementing Notice Filings for Federal Crowdfunding and Regulation A Offerings
16 November 2017
- Crowdfunding Portals – If You Build It, Will They Come?
18 October 2017
- Parker MacIntyre Publishes Whitepaper on Private Investment Fund Formation
3 October 2017
- Georgia Securities Commissioner Holds Second “Fairness Hearing” in Recent M&A Deal
25 August 2017