Free Consultation: (586) 991-1783Tap to Call This Lawyer
Philip G. Vera

Philip G. Vera

Michigan Law Services, PLLC
  • Divorce, Family Law, Criminal Law ...
  • Michigan
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Philip Vera is a life long resident of Macomb County with a desire and passion to help the people of South East Michigan during their times of legal need. His drive is to provide clients with the best in legal representation at an affordable rate. Mr. Vera's goal is to make certain that his client's know all legal options available to them and that their best interest is always served.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Domestic Violence
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Gov & Administrative Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Supreme Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Michigan Law Services, PLLC
- Current
Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
J.D. (2006) | Law
Western Michigan University Cooley Law School Logo
Oakland University
B.A. (2001) | Political Science
Oakland University Logo
Professional Associations
Michigan State Bar  # 69926
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Mock Trial Workshops
Websites & Blogs
Michigan Law Services, PLLC
Legal Answers
2 Questions Answered

Q. My wife cheated on me and got pregnant, I’m sterile so I know it’s not mine. What are my legal responsibilities?
A: There is an automatic presumption that a child conceived during a marriage is that of the husband. That is the case regardless of any medical determination as to whether you are capable of conceiving the child or not. Should you desire to disavow the child, a DNA test would need to happen and a matter under the Revocation of Parentage Act (ROPA) should be filed.
Q. Is filing an uncontested divorce different than a contested divorce?
A: The term uncontested divorce relates to whether the defendant in the case will take action to fight against the plaintiff's requests (found in their complaint) or will they just "lay down their arms" for lack of a better term. A settlement agreement is not binding but is useful for keeping the agreed upon terms of the divorce in order. In terms of whether or not you will have to deal with the friend of the court, that depends on county you are in and whether there are children. If there are children involved, you will definitely be dealing with the friend of the court.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
8300 Hall Road, Suite 202
8300 Hall Road, Suite 202
Utica, MI 48317
Telephone: (586) 991-1783
Fax: (586) 203-2452