Free Consultation: (800) 367-5298Tap to Call This Lawyer
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Products Liability
  • Connecticut, District of Columbia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldSocial Media

I have been representing individuals, families, and small businesses since I graduated from law school in 1975. I believe that most people get confused by the legal system especially with insurance questions-- the system turns them around, nobody explains anything, and that turns them off. I want them to know their rights--that's why we're called The Know Your Rights People. Access to justice is why I offer free consultations, and take death and injury cases on a contingent fee--which means I don't get paid until I get money for the person I represent. Unlike many attorneys, I don't represent insurance companies to avoid a conflict of interest. Also, unlike many attorneys, I charge only for costs outside of my office---many attorneys charge for postage, even phone fees--and then charge interest on that! I went to the University of Michigan, then to Georgetown University's Law School, and have a further degree, a Masters of Law, from Temple University. I have been in practice for over thirty five years, and have represented people from adjusters to veterinarians, whose family members have been killed or who have --through no fault of their own-- had to deal with fractures and all manner of other injuries, from many varieties of corporate and individual carelessness. Some lawyers say they only take "serious" cases--I believe that any injury that causes you limitations, pain, is serious to you. Give me a call if you have a legal question about any form of injury--if I can't help you, I'll at least try to tell you who can! And it won't cost you a dime --even the call is free--1-888-PA-LAWS-1 (1-888-725-2971)!

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Products Liability
Additional Practice Areas
  • Car crahes
  • Pedestrian run-downs
  • Bicycle injuries
  • Tractor-Trailer crashes
  • Free Consultation
    The insurance company is staffed by professionals whose job is to pay out as little as possible. Before you speak to them, you should have the opportunity to speak to someone who is on your side. A lot of law firms that advertise for personal injury cases also represent insurance companies! I don't represent insurance companies to avoid this conflict of interest. Every week I give free consultations to people who want to know their legal options--that's why my practice is called "The Know Your Rights People."(c) Too many lawyers don't care if their callers know why things happen in the law, or what resources may be available to them if they don't think an injury is "serious" enough for them. If you or a loved one has been hurt, then that injury is serious--and that's how I treat all callers. I've advised people with burn injuries, fatalities in their families, hit-and-run injuries, bicycle and motorcycle crashes, tractor trailer wrecks, medical mistakes, failures to diagnose, problems from dangerous medications and products. In fact, I'm proud that when insurance adjusters have been hurt or their family has been injured they call me to represent them! Whatever your injury or death question, call us. You can even use our toll free number: 1-800-367-5298. Put it in your phone so if a friend--or you--gets hit you can call for advice before you speak with the insurance adjuster!
  • Contingent Fees
    I take injury cases on a "contingent fee" which means I don't get paid until I get the other side to put money on the table. Most of my clients are average working people, without the money to pay the huge hourly fees insurance companies pay their lawyers. I want you to be able to have a lawyer if you've been hurt, so I set out to not charge up front fees for injured people or families who've had a loved one killed. I only get paid when I get money for you. It's that simple. Don't you wish other professions were like that? It doesn't cost a dime to talk to me, and it doesn't cost money to retain me as your lawyer. Unlike many other law firms I don't charge interest on casefile costs I advance, and I only get my costs back if and when I get money for you! You don't have to pay expenses up front as happens with many lawfirms.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I've helped thousands of clients and have given information to many more times that , and I'd be happy to speak with you about your case. Call me for an appointment!
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia
District of Columbia Bar
1st Circuit
2nd Circuit
3rd Circuit
4th Circuit
U.S. Court Of Claims
U.S. Supreme Court
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • French: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Founding Partner
The Law Offices of Peter N. Munsing, P.C.
Temple University Beasley School of Law
LL.M. (1996) | Trial Advocacy
In the first class of Temple University Law School's Masters of Law in Trial Advocacy
Georgetown University Law Center
J.D. (1975) | Emphasis on topics related to rights of individuals. Practiced for one year under a local District of Columbia Court rule allowing law students to represent clients in the courts of the District of Columbia.
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
B.A. (1972) | History
Honors: Full tuition scholarships; honors college
Activities: Staff ot the Michigan daily;editorial staff of Gargoyle (Michigan's humor magazine);founder, University of Michigan Rowing Club; Environmental Law Society; active with political campaigns
Professional Associations
Chester County Bar Association
- Current
- Current
American Associaton for Justice
- Current
Activities: former chair, Forklift and Industrial Vehicle Litigation Group
Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Current
Activities: Solo & Small Firm Practice Section Member
Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Current
American Bar Association
- Current
New Jersey Association for Justice
Monroe County Bar Association
Websites & Blogs
Peter N. Munsing's Website Profile
The Law Offices of Peter N. Munsing, P.C. Website
Legal Answers
5677 Questions Answered

Q. Do I have to pay taxes on a new vehicle that was totaled before I can file an insurance claim?
A: in most states the taxes are part of the property damage settlement. If they are at fault and car is totaled, chances are it was a big hit and you were hurt. The other side isn't caring for you. Contact a member of the Mo. Assn for Justice for the county where it happened. They give free consults.
Q. I dont have Insurance but the guy who backed into me does. He was at fault . What can I do ?
A: He's full of hot air. File a police report. They'll reach out and touch him.
Q. Going to court for striking a fixed object, will the judge/court order a drug test? I left the scene
A: No, but leaving the scene could be a problem. I would turn the damage over to your insurance if you did the damage, make sure the person is paid, pay a fine if it it's not for leaving the scene. If it is please get yourself an attorney who handles traffic court. Leaving the scene is a serious charge and you don't want to represent yourself.
Q. How long can you drive in the turning lane in the center of road in mississippi before getting to the light
A: I believe it's 63-3-603 and that says only in the turn lane when ready to make the turn. That doesn't mean immediately but it doesn't mean a block before.
Q. I was injured in an auto accident on January 7, 2019, It was clearly not my fault, as indicated in the police report.
A: If you have a wreck and it happened in 2019, this year, you have 2 years so the guy was full of baloney. Contact a member of the NJ Assn for Justice. If you don't have the names of any, let me know by phone and I can put you in touch with some.
Q. If I’m stop and get hit in the back which makes me hit the person in front of me is that in violation with code 40-6-49?
A: If you were hurt contact a member of the Ga. Trial lawyers Assn. You should turn any claim the car in front makes to your insurance even though you are not at fault. The car behind is responsible. Don't worry about code sections. Worry about your taking care of the fallout.
Q. My insurance company wants to total my car, i was not at fault. Can i ignore this and pursue at fault party insurance?
A: Either insurance can pay for the cost of fixing the car or the total loss value, it's their option. If you think it can be fixed you can buy it back for the salvage value, but then youget a "junk title" --and if you find out because of alignment or other problems it's not really a fixer, it's on you. If you were out of the car it's all about the damage to the car. Other company has to reimburse you for car rental. Your company will go to them, and you'll get your deductible back. Not using your company won't necessairly add anything to the mix.
Q. I have a charge of financial response 55-12-139 .. If I show that I have gotten ins. Since my car wreck
A: Better but the problem is it won't cover you for the damage to the other vehicle. If there was no damage to someone else not a problem. If you were hurt and it's not your fault, contact a member of the Tenn. Assn for Justice in the county where it happened--they give free consults.
Q. What options are there for an individual who was involved in an auto accident but had no insurance at that time?
A: If you were at fault and facing a big claim, talk to a bankruptcy attorney unless there were no injuries and only minor damage to the car. If you were not at fault, contact a member of the Iowa Trial Lawyers Assn or Iowa Assn for Justice for the county where it happened--they give free consults. You would be able to get the damages to your car, and your injuries, lost time, bills from that.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
The Law Offices of Peter N. Munsing, P.C.
939 Penn Ave
Wyomissing, PA 19610
Toll-Free: (800) 367-5298
Telephone: (610) 478-7878
Fax: (610) 478-8787