- Appeals & Appellate
Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
- Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- General Civil
- Free Consultation
Credit Cards Accepted
Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Fixed fees for most cases. An hourly fee of $300 is available. Pro hac vice representation slightly more.
- New York
- 2nd Circuit
- D.C. Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Russian: Spoken, Written
- Peter C. Lomtevas, Esq., P.C.
- - Current
- Independently owned and family operated family law office specializing in child custody, child support, divorces, post judgment and appellate practice. Also specializing in criminal defense.
- Touro College
- J.D. (1996)
- Distinguished Public Service Award
- Brooklyn Borough President
- New York State Bar  # 3046414
- - Current
- Q. My family and children are being targeted by child protective services and a private citizen can you help
- A: No. We in this nation have taken a stand against domestic violence such that we have to watch our every step to avoid being falsely accused and arrested/prosecuted. We cannot beat our kids or else we lose them. The only way to harass and annoy someone in American today is to use the legal system with its federal payment stream. CAPTA provides such a stream and there are courts set up to absorb that money. CPS is paid by the federal statute called 'CAPTA', a Jimmy Carter/Walter Mondale product in the 70s. This means that if your neighbor, parent, enemy or unknown stalker wants to royally screw with you, all he has to do is use government organs. The foremost in our nation today is the child protective apparatus. All the third person needs to do is call in a report and the harassment and annoyance begins and does not stop. Caseworkers come out and intrude in your life, inspect your home and take your kid. So the lesson learned in today's America is you never pull an attack on someone yourself. You'll be arrested. Instead, you maneuver a government agency against someone and that will do the trick. You may be a victim of this "swatting" procedure. "Swatting" means a neighbor calls in a 'swat team' to storm your home on an allegation that you have bombs in your kitchen. It's a knee-slapping good time and the third person is anonymous even to the call center that dispatched the team. There is no guarding against this unless you have the money to live in a premier neighborhood where people don't pull these stunts on one another.
- Q. Can I write my baby father in jail if I have an order protection on him?
- A: I strongly urge you do not even though there is no prohibition. Do not cause him to respond to you thus violating his order. He has to stay away and not contact you and you should do the same.
- Q. What happens if your on probation for domestic violence and you get charged with the same offense again
- A: You will likely have your probation revoked. You'll be remanded to jail ad you'll be arraigned on the new charges - typically a felony violation of an order of protection and any other crimes against the protected person that she wishes to raise. The well never runs dry. Many men, especially foreign men, believe they remain the 'husband/father' after arrest and prosecution that despite a stay-away order of protection, simply phone the wife to chat as if nothing happened. Unfortunately, like a monkey with a new set of eyeglasses, courts want to squeeze every case into the same hole. The man is now a suspect and is no longer the head of the household. The stay away order of protection means the man must stay away from his family no matter what. Even if the woman calls on the phone, the man must treat the call as set up for a further arrest (usually for kicks). It is this misunderstand of domestic violence law and a reliance on a sense of 'justice' that the men never committed any crime that these cases are repeating. After a further criminal prosecution, the other parent will take pains to isolate your kids from you if you have kids with her. This will arise in the form of a family court custody proceeding or a divorce if you are married. Eventually you'll realize that interpersonal relationships are criminalized and you'll choose more carefully who you allow into your circles.