Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Workers' Compensation
- DUI & DWI
- Traffic Tickets
- Suspended License
- Landlord Tenant
- Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New Jersey Courts
- ID Number: 239882018
- Arabic: Spoken
- English: Spoken, Written
- Partner - Attorney At Law
- Peter Michael Law, LLC
- - Current
- Attorney At Law
- Ehrlich, Petriello, Gudin & Plaza
- Associate Attorney
- Callagy Law
- Rutgers School of Law-Newark
- J.D. (2017) | Law
- Rutgers University - Newark
- B.A. (2014) | Political Science & Economics
- Essex County Bar
- New Jersey State Bar  # 239882018
Websites & Blogs
- Peter Michael Law, LLC
16 Questions Answered
- Q. Due to the pandemic we cancelled our summer rental in OC NJ. Owner refuses to refund deposit. Berger realty no help. ?
- A: To figure out if you are able to obtain your security deposit back will depend on the lease/contract you signed with the owner of the beach home! Hire an attorney to negotiate on your behalf. My firm offers a free consultation, feel free to contact us!
- Q. Tenant wants to pay only half month of tent because he is moving out in the middle of month. Is this allowed under COVID
- A: Under executive order 128, a tenant can use their security deposit to pay rent, so that may be an option to offer your tenants. Furthermore, if a tenant leaves with a balance, you may deduct that balance from the tenants security deposit. But it is CRUCIAL to send your tenant a security deposit return notice which states the amount of their security deposit and what is being deducted and for what cause. So be sure to gain your tenants new address so you can send them the notice and the remaining balance of their security deposit. Furthermore, if your tenants have already exhausted their security deposit and are leaving mid month so they are only seeking to pay half the months rent, under the lease they are obligated to pay the full month. Therefore, you do have a legal contractual claim in court for the remaining balance. Hire an experienced attorney in this area. Feel free to give me a call to discuss your options! Best of luck!
- Q. If a gift deed on a house is notarized but not filed, is it still valid?
- A: If the ownership of the property is being transferred as a gift, the new owner must still record the deed and title within the local municipality. You may need help of an attorney, feel free to contact my office for a free consultation!
Contact & Map