Free Consultation: (801) 678-3441Tap to Call This Lawyer
Paul Waldron

Paul Waldron

Waldron Law Group - Providing Unique Solutions That Offer Peace
  • Divorce, Estate Planning, Family Law ...
  • Utah
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

For more than 20 years, Paul Waldron has been helping families protect the things that are most important to them. Let us help you. Call or e-mail us and tell us about your case. In all legal matters, our goal is to help clients understand their options so that clients can make informed decisions in order to protect themselves and to retain or regain balance in their lives. Paul has sought out broad life experience in order to be the most effective solution-finder for clients. Therefore, we are pleased to talk to any person about their case and, if we cannot help them, refer that person to an attorney or service that can help you solve your problem. Our primary interests and experience in law focus on helping families and individuals. In these areas, we have served as attorney, counselor, mediator, guardian ad litem, special master, mediation advisor, legal coach, and parent’s counsel. Call or e-mail us today. Hablamos español.

Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Juvenile Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Guardianship
  • Conservatorship
  • Free Consultation
    I give a free telephone consultation in family law matters, and a free in-office consultation for estate planning matters.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Payment plans available Flat Fee available Unbundled Services available
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Paul Waldron, P.C.
- Current
Brigham Young University
J.D. (1996)
Brigham Young University Logo
Brigham Young University
B.A. | American Studies, Philosophy, Analytical Thinking
Brigham Young University Logo
Meritorious Service Award
United States Army, Utah National Guard
25 years' service in the Utah Army National Guard.
United States Army Command and General Staff College
Professional Army Education
Meritorious Service Medal
United State Army
For service in Afghanistan for Operation Enduring Freedom
Professional Associations
Utah State Bar  # 07660
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Central Utah Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Central Utah Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
41 Questions Answered
Q. Can I get emancipated from a family that's abusive without legal consent from my parents? I'm 16
A: The quick answer: you are on your way. You usually have to complete your high school education and show that you have provided for yourself and can continue to provide for yourself for at least 6 months before you can be emancipated.
Q. Can proctor parents legally open their child's mail if their child is no longer a minor?
A: It depends. Generally speaking, without any other information regarding your friend's situation. Do the proctor parents have a custody or guardianship order? If they do, they likely have a right to open your friend's mail and may have a right to control his finances. Also, if they have such an order, your friend should have his own attorney that he can reach out to in order to request help with this issue. The Court, by law, is to enter custody/guardianship orders that are the least restrictive of the protected person while keeping the person safe physically and financially. Of course, consultation with an experienced, qualified attorney for specific legal advice is the best way to get specific advice on your friend's situation.
Q. I’m not on the birth certificate and I haven’t taken a paternity test and I don’t want to be apart of it what can I do ?
A: You are not required to spend any time with the child. As for child support, unfortunately you can only wait for the other shoe to drop or deal with the issue definitively. If you want to simply deal with the issue, you can obtain a paternity test; there are various ways to make this happen. If you are the natural father, when the time comes, you can agree to the child being adopted. Otherwise, the other parent can, at any time, seek to obligate you to pay child support. You should, of course, seek the advice of an experienced family law attorney to get legal advice specific for your situation.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
504 W 800 N
504 W 800 N
Orem, UT 84057-3746
Telephone: (801) 678-3441
Fax: (800) 862-7558