Free Consultation: (954) 947-0572Tap to Call This Lawyer
Pamela J. Fero Esq.

Pamela J. Fero Esq.

Pamela Fero Law, PLLC
  • Family Law, Criminal Law, Estate Planning
  • Florida, Kansas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Additional Practice Area
  • Adoption
  • Free Consultation
    Free Phone Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Pamela Fero Law, PLLC
Florida International University College of Law
Florida International University College of Law Logo
National Labor College
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Gay and Lesbian Legal Network (GLLN)
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Broward County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Pamela Fero Law, PLLC Website
Legal Answers
2 Questions Answered

Q. I was adopted by father at birth and am getting divorced. Can I take back my birth name instead of my adopted name?
A: I see no reason why you can't. The statutes allow for a person to have their name restored to a former name at the time of a divorce. I've never seen a judge ask for documentation as to the prior name, but I suppose it could happen. (*This answer should not be construed as legal advice and is for informational purposes only.*)
Q. My son deceased, ex-girlfriend now married, her husband adopting my grandchildren. Legally my grandchildren still?
A: Hello. Yes, your grandchildren are still your grandchildren, and they are entitled to some legal benefits. For instance, if you were to die intestate (without a will), they would still be considered your descendants and would be entitled to the same amount of inheritance (if any) as they would have had your son-in-law not adopted them. And, of course, you can leave whatever you'd like to them if you have a will. However, in Florida, grandparents, in general, have next to no rights when it comes to visitation with their grandchildren. That is true whether they have been adopted or not. It will be up to the parents whether they wish to continue visitation. I'm very sorry for the loss of your son. (*This answer is given as general information only, and should not be considered as legal advice.*)
View More Answers
Contact & Map
1451 W Cypress Creek Rd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Telephone: (954) 947-0572