Pahoua C Lor

Pahoua C Lor

Law Office of Pahoua C. Lor
  • Employment Law, Landlord Tenant, Personal Injury...
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive LawSupports the Free Law Project

Pahoua was born in Iowa, but was raised in Fresno, California. She graduated from the University of California, Davis with a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology. She earned her Juris Doctorate from San Joaquin College of Law. Pahoua's law practice focuses on Employment Law, Housing Law, Personal Injury, Civil Litigation and Criminal Law.

Prior to attending law school, Pahoua worked for attorneys in the Sacramento and Fresno areas. During law school, Pahoua interned with Central California Legal Services advocating for domestic violence victims. In 2007, she was the recipient of the Champions of Justice award.

Pahoua is a member of the State of California Bar and is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Northern Districts. Pahoua also serves as a Board of Director for Tenants Together and Central California Legal Services. She is also an active member of the Central California Asian Pacific American Bar Association.

Practice Areas
  • Employment Law
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Personal Injury
  • Criminal Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Civil Litigation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of California
ID Number: 267168
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Hmong
Professional Experience
Law office of Pahoua C. Lor
- Current
Central California Legal Services
Law office of Pahoua C. Lor
San Joaquin College of Law
Placeholder image for education.
Champions of Justice Award
Central California Legal Services, Inc.
Professional Associations
Tenants Together
Board Member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Central California Legal Services, Inc.
Board Member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Central California Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California State Bar # 267168
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
7 Questions Answered

Q. Can my Mom sue the city of San Francisco for injury caused by a haphazardly placed sign post by the city?
A: More information is needed. When did this happen? This is important to determine the statute of limitations. Assuming your mother wants to sue the City, County or some other government entity, she will need to file a tort claim with the responsible government agency in a timely manner.
Q. does my dad have any rights he's been living in a place over 20 years he's always replaced everything because landlord
A: If a tenant has lived at a place for more than a year, the landlord must provide them with a 60 day notice. The landlord, owner, is able to recover possession for his property so long as the landlord does not violate laws. The basic idea is that a person can get back what rightfully belongs to them. For example, if he is evicting because your father complained too much about repairs, that may be considered retaliatory. If the landlord decided that he no longer wanted to rent to your father because of his race, sexual orientation or something similar, the notice may be considered discriminatory.
Q. we have been without a/c and stove since June. prop mngmt notified, still an issue. do i have a case?
A: Make sure that your requests for repairs is in writing. You may also consider filing a complaint with the City Code Enforcement Unit. Once a complaint has been filed with Code Enforcement, a code enforcement officer should be in touch with you to take your complaint. From that point and depending on each City, Code Enforcement will get in touch with the Owner and discuss solutions or possibly fine the Owner. You may also have a justifiable reason to repair and deduct or withhold rent. However, you need to actually speak with an attorney and get more individualized advice before doing so.
Q. Im having a landlord and tenant issue ongoing for 8+ years. They attack my family and I for simply following the rules.
A: Based on the facts that you described, you may want to file for a civil restraining order.
Q. I am a California tenant and my question is how a landlord can take you to court and win when you were never notified.
A: It sounds like the landlord was able to get a judgment against you and that is why your landlord is garnishing your wages. If you have no idea what type of lawsuit your landlord filed or what the issue is because you were never served the documents, you may file paperwork to set aside the judgment. The reason for your request is that you are alleging you were never served or had actual notice of the proceedings. Depending on the situation and further facts of your case, there are timelines that must be followed if you want to set aside the judgment.
Q. I need advice on eviction caee
A: Unfortunately, if you are late on your rent, the landlord properly served you with 3-day notice to pay rent or quit and you did not pay during the specified time period on the notice, the landlord does not have to accept your rent. If the landlord does not accept your rent, your landlord can proceed with an eviction based on the 3-day notice. There are specific requirements that the notice must state in order to comply with the law. If the notice does not state those things, you may be able to argue that the notice is defective. In the event that the case goes to court and you are evicted, you may apply for a stay of the eviction/unlawful detainer if you can demonstrate that you will suffer undue hardship. However, be aware that the court may ask you to pay for the number of days that you are requesting to stay as a condition to letting you stay longer.
Q. We have to layoff our only empl because of finances, but she's on maternity leave... what's the best way to handle this?
A: This is not an easy scenario. If the company is truly closing and you can't afford to keep her, your reason for letting her go seems justified or based on necessity. However, if there are still employees at the company (I mention this because you state that you are still maintaining online/digital products), I would caution you to discuss your situation at length with an attorney.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of Pahoua C. Lor
1255 W. Shaw Avenue #101
Fresno, CA 93711
Telephone: (559) 840-2780
Fax: (559) 728-4307