Opal Phiona Lee

Opal Phiona Lee

FloJam Legal, P.A.
  • Immigration Law, Divorce, Family Law ...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Miss Opal P. Lee is admitted to practice law in Florida and the island of Jamaica (having offices in both jurisdictions). She founded FloJam Legal in 2006 and is one of the managing attorneys. Miss Lee earned a Juris Doctorate Degree from Florida International University College of Law, and Legal Education Certificate from the Norman Manley Law School.

Miss Lee possesses extensive experience in the areas of Immigration, Divorce, Family Law and Personal Injury. Miss Lee is committed to providing efficient, effective, reliable and aggressive representation to her clients and will ensure she delivers only high quality representation to all clients. Miss Lee ensures that the firm remains "client-focused", as creating and maintaining excellent client relationships is her foremost priority. With this in mind, clients can be assured of receiving prompt and reliable legal advice to any questions regarding their legal issues to enable them to make important decisions regarding their affairs.

Miss Lee is a member of the American Immigration Lawyer’s Association and the Broward County Women Lawyer’s Association.

Miss Lee may be heard each Thursday at 9:30AM and Saturday at 6:00 p.m. on Florida's radio station, WZOP, and each Monday morning at 9:00 a.m. on Nationwide 90FM Jamaica addressing various legal topics such as immigration, divorce, child custody and paternity disputes.

Practice Areas
  • Immigration Law
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
FloJam Legal, P.A.
- Current
Florida International University College of Law
J.D. (2005)
Florida International University College of Law Logo
Professional Associations
Federal Bar in the Southern District of Florida
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida State Bar  # 21068
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
31 Questions Answered

Q. My wife filed notice of voluntary dismissal, do i have option to continue that petition again as like before?
A: Since you didn’t file a counter petition, the case is now “dead”. You will now need to file a new petition. That is why it is important to always file an answer and counter-petition if you want to see the dissolution through the end.
Q. Hi, I live in a very stressful home, I want to divorce and wanted to know the steps that I have to take.
A: Your first step should be to schedule a consult with one of us divorce attorneys. You mentioned there are 2 houses and it appears you are both still living in 1 - you didn’t say who is living in the other. Tou also mentioned that he want to stay in the house - you didn’t say if you object? The status of the homes plus you and your spouse’s incomes are relevant factors that should be discussed with your attorney who will then strategize the best course in dissolving your marriage.
Q. Can I take my kids to my mothers house when I separate??
A: First of all, sorry to hear you are in an abusive relationship. You should take appropriate measures to protect yourself including speaking scheduling a consult with an attorney for guidance. Second, much more information is needed before you can receive a specific answer to your question- for eg, is your mother living in the same State as you are. Generally, a person is able to take their child anywhere that is appropriate unless there is an order prohibiting such actions; removing the child from the State during or prior to the filing of a court proceeding may be problematic. Again, you should schedule a consult with an attorney to obtain specific advise.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
600 S. Andrews Avenue
Suite 406
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Telephone: (954) 358-2020
Cell: (954) 358-2020